Creamy chicken and asparagus pasta. Browse & Discover Thousands of Cooking Food & Wine Book Titles, for Less. How to make Chicken and Asparagus Pasta: Start by cooking the pasta in boiling water. I add the asparagus towards the end, so that it can cook in the boiling water and I don't have to dirty another pan.
Creamy Chicken and Asparagus Pasta is a recipe everyone loves. Creamy, flavorful and filled with hearty ingredients like chicken, pasta, cream, and asparagus! This chicken bacon pasta is perfectly creamy and it has just the right amount added flavor from the Parmesan, Neufchatel cheese and the garlic. You can cook Creamy chicken and asparagus pasta using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Creamy chicken and asparagus pasta
- You need 1 pack (500 gr) of pasta of your choice.
- You need 2 of chicken thigh fillets.
- You need to taste of salt and pepper.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1 of finely chopped onion.
- Prepare 1 bunch (500 gr) of asparagus stalks trimmed and cut into 2 cm pieces.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic finely shopped.
- Prepare 200 ml of heavy cream.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Prepare 2 tsp of freshly chopped dill.
Remove with a slotted spoon to a bowl and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking. Chicken asparagus pasta in a creamy sauce and all cooked in one pan. It's so simple and so easy plus the clean up is a breeze! I've made this with broccoli too and it's delicious.
Creamy chicken and asparagus pasta instructions
- Fill a small pot with water, add salt and bring to boil. Chop the chicken fillets in bite-sized pieces and add to the boiling water. Cook for about 20 minutes, or until chicken is done..
- When the fillets are cooked, drain and using two forks, shred the chicken well. Set aside..
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain and return to pot..
- In a small pot of salted boiling water, cook the asparagus for about 10 minutes. Drain and set aside..
- In a large skilled over medium-high heat heat the butter. When melted, add the onion and the cooked asparagus and saute for about 4 minutes or until fragnant..
- Add the garlic gloves and saute for about 2 minutes more..
- Add the heavy cream and the chicken and the lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper and bring to a simmer. Cook for about 5 minutes or until thickened..
- Remove from heat, stir in the dill and serve on top of the pasta. Enjoy!.
It's also lower calorie and I like to use a more carb-friendly pasta, such as Dreamfield's or a whole wheat pasta works too, to make it even healthier. This Creamy Chicken Asparagus Penne Pasta is a marvelous dinner recipe that's filled to the brim with fresh veggies and tender pasta in a light and creamy sauce. A couple weeks ago I was in Las Vegas at a conference, learning all the things, but really just wanting to eat all the things. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add red onion and asparagus and season with salt and pepper.