Smoked Chicken Wings. Smoked chicken wings just like that! Smoked Then Fried Chicken Wings Honey Heat Smoked Chicken Wings Smoked Jerk Chicken Wings. Follow the recipe, and I'll teach you the simple steps to making your own smoked chicken wings at home.
Toss chicken wings and drumettes in Butts To Go Wing Rub until liberally coated. You May Like For these smoked chicken wings, we used cherry wood pellets, but they would also be really good with hickory or mesquite. The good thing about a wood pellet grill from Traeger is that it makes the whole process very easy. You can cook Smoked Chicken Wings using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Smoked Chicken Wings
- Prepare of IQF Chicken Wings.
- You need of AP Rub*.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare of Garlic Granulated.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- Prepare of Rub Mix*.
- It’s of Garlic Granulated.
- Prepare of White Sugar.
- It’s of Paprika.
- Prepare of Sauces*.
- You need of BBQ Sauce.
- It’s of Hot Sauce.
- Prepare of Teriyaki Sauce.
They have lots of different options in different price ranges, so check them out if you don't already have one. We had a lot of success with these wings, and everyone. If you don't have a meat thermometer, a way to tell if the chicken is done is to poke it deeply with a knife, if the juices run clear and not pink, the chicken is done. Smoke wings, replenishing wood as needed (and adding a coal or two of charcoal as needed), until deeply browned and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of each piece.
Smoked Chicken Wings step by step
- 3 days before cooking divide the wing quantity in half to thaw. Put 10 wings per gallon sized bag with 2 tbsp of the AP rub. As the wings thaw the ice will melt and mix with the rub and act as a brine..
- Heat smoker to 275° F. I used a combination of charcoal and pecan wood..
- Pat the wings dry and dust both sides with the rub mix. I didn't use a traditional style BBQ rub or my personal chicken rub mix recipe. I wanted them to have a lighter flavor and less of a bark than a brown sugar based rub gives so the sauces could act as the glaze..
- Let sit for just few minutes with the rub before putting on the smoker..
- Smoke them for 1 hour..
- Put the teriyaki sauce in a small bowl and in another bowl mix 2 parts BBQ sauce and 1 part hot sauce. Let these come to room temperature. I did 10 teriyaki and 10 hot bbq..
- After an hour flip and let cook for another half hour..
- Flip again and sauce. After 10 minutes flip and sauce the other side..
- Let them cook for another 10-15 minutes. The light rub will set and add a slight crispness like if fried. The sauce will be thick and smokey..
Place wings in a large bowl/plastic bag and rub olive oil evenly into each. When the smoked chicken wings come out off the grill or out from the broiler, serve them immediately for best results. There's nothing quite as good as smoked chicken wings still hot and burning your fingers. Smoked wings seasoned tossed with the. Toss the wings in the Big Green Egg Habanero hot sauce.