Grilled Chicken Wrap with Jicama Mango Slaw. Make a grid by cross-cutting the mango pieces, scoop them out with a spoon, and add to the Jicama. Rinse and dice the cilantro; add a handful to the mango and Jicama. See great recipes for Grilled Chicken Wrap with Jicama Mango Slaw too!
How to Make Trader Joe's Copycat Mango Jicama Slaw. Start by prepping the slaw ingredients. Add the shredded cabbage, crunchy jicama, mangoes peeled and cut into matchsticks and cilantro to a salad bowl. You can have Grilled Chicken Wrap with Jicama Mango Slaw using 14 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Grilled Chicken Wrap with Jicama Mango Slaw
- Prepare 2 pounds of chicken breasts.
- Prepare of salt (to taste).
- Prepare of pepper (to taste).
- It’s 1 TBsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of lime juice (divided).
- It’s 4 of ripe avocados.
- Prepare 1 bunch of cilantro (chopped).
- It’s 1 Tsp of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1 of small jicama (diced).
- You need 1 of mango (diced).
- You need 4 of dollops sour cream.
- Prepare 8 tsp of shredded Monterey cheese.
- It’s 4 of burrito sized tortillas.
- You need 2 of Fresno peppers (divided).
Add the fresh mango, olive oil, rice vinegar, honey, lime juice, garlic, red pepper, and sea salt into a high powered blender and blend until smooth. Add the mango, jicama, and onion and toss to combine. Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Plate chicken with your favorite sides and top with the mango salsa you created.
Grilled Chicken Wrap with Jicama Mango Slaw instructions
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and a small amount of lime juice..
- Grill the chicken until done, about 11 minutes per side. (I used a cast iron skillet over medium high heat.).
- While the chicken is grilling, prep the rest of the burrito fillings..
- Peel and dice the Jicama and place in a medium bowl..
- Locate the eye of the mango (little spot where the fruit used to connect to the rest of the plant) and slice to either side along it; this will give you the most fruit while avoiding the pit. Make a grid by cross-cutting the mango pieces, scoop them out with a spoon, and add to the Jicama..
- Rinse and dice the cilantro; add a handful to the mango and Jicama..
- Add about 1/4 cup lime juice to the mix and stir to incorporate. Set bowl aside..
- Slice and remove the avocado flesh and add to a small bowl..
- Finely dice the Fresno peppers and discard the ribs and seeds. Add to the bowl..
- Add cilantro to bowl..
- Add some lime juice to the bowl..
- Add salt to the bowl and mix to incorporate. Set bowl aside..
- Remove the chicken and let rest 10 minutes..
- Meanwhile, layout the tortillas..
- Add the avocado mix to each tortilla..
- When complete, add chicken on top of avocado spread..
- Top chicken with cheese..
- Top cheese with Jicama Mango Slaw..
- Add sour cream to the burrito and roll to close..
- Add burrito to the grill for about 2 minutes per side and serve hot..
I grilled corn-on-the-cob on a rack above the chicken that I seasoned with butter, olive oil, Mediterranean sea salt, freshly ground peppercorns, and garlic powder. Clean the carrots and peel an quarter the onion and add to one foil strip. See great recipes for Chicken breast with mango too! Jicama Mango Salad with Cilantro and Lime Jicama Mango Salad with Cilantro and Lime. I went to Trader Joe's to get their Jicama Mango Slaw, only to learn they have discontinued it.so I looked up this recipe quickly and got the ingredients while.