Grilled Onion. Her Best Ever Grilled Onions recipe is insane and this is the perfect time to try them […] Reply. Required fields are marked * Recipe Rating. This is an awesome tutorial, Natalie.
Place the onion slices directly onto the grill surface. Alternatively, use your grill basket or a tent made out of aluminum foil. Whole onions are stuffed with a chicken bouillon cube and a bit of butter, wrapped in foil and grilled to perfection. You can have Grilled Onion using 3 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Grilled Onion
- You need 1 of large onion.
- You need 1 teaspoon of seasoned salt.
- It’s 1/4 cup of butter melted.
A sprinkle of cumin or garlic would add a nice touch. Trim the a thin slice off the side of the whole, unpeeled onion. Set the onion flat on the cut surface for stability. Grilled onions add a smokey flavor to salsas, relishes, and baked beans.
Grilled Onion step by step
- Fire up the grill.
- Cut the root end off the onion. Cut deeply across the onion in both directions. Leave the husk on onion..
- Put on the grill cut side down for 10 minutes.
- Turn over and gently spread the onion outward.
- Let it grill continuing to spread it out.
- Till it's opened enough.
- Add salt and butter serve I hope you enjoy.
Grilled foods are just a part of any outdoor celebration. The onion is a perfect way to top your dishes, act as a great sidekick, or an integral part of any savory dish in a variety of settings. Sprinkle bouillon, thyme, salt and pepper into centers; top with butter. Fold foil around onions, sealing tightly. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape.