Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes. Cover the potatoes with cold water and add enough salt so the water tastes quite salty. Boiled potatoes were transformed into the perfect pot of mashed potatoes with just a little seasoning and lots of sour cream. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water.
The tang of sour cream gives the illusion that this recipe is not as rich as the cream, butter, and milk would imply. The key here begins with boiling your potatoes in salted chicken broth. You know how you salt your pasta water? You can have Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes using 5 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes
- Prepare 6 large of baking potatoes.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of milk.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sour creme.
This is kind of the same idea. The broth will impart a flavor to the potatoes from the outset and give you that extra flavor that mashed potatoes can. These mashed potatoes are my ode to family! I grew up on these Sour Cream & Chive Mashed Potatoes.
Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes step by step
- Bring about 6 cups of water to a boil..
- Peel skin off potatoes. Slice them into cube shape..
- Add salt to water and bring potatoes to a rapid boil.
- Reduce heat. Continue cooking for about 15-20 minutes..
- Drain water from pan..
- With electric mixer, mix the potatoes until a lil soft..
- Add your milk and butter. Continue beating till nice and fluffy..
- Add the sour creme and mix through. You can add a little extra salt and pepper if you like..
- Serve with your favorite gravy..
They were the one side dish that was a staple at every holiday meal. And honestly, we still have them every holiday season. Whenever, I think of these mashed potatoes I think of my mom. There's easy mashed potatoes, cream cheese mashed potatoes and now I give thee baked sour cream, cheddar and chive mashed potatoes! I keep telling myself I'm going to try these baked mashed potatoes with smoked cheese because you all know I feel about my smoked cheeses, love.