Sweet and sour chicken. Sweet and Sour Chicken is a classic Chinese takeout option most of us are too afraid to make at home. Something about woks and cooking with pineapple make it intimidating for most, but it is so much easier to make than you would think. Of the classic Chinese Recipes that most people ask for on my.
This Sweet and Sour Chicken combines crispy chicken with chunks of onion, bell pepper and pineapple in a sticky homemade sauce. Ingredients for Sweet and Sour Chicken. Chicken – use boneless skinless chicken thighs for the best flavor, or chicken breasts for a lighter option. You can have Sweet and sour chicken using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sweet and sour chicken
- Prepare of chicken breading.
- Prepare 3 of -5 chicken breast ( boneless, skinless of course) wash and cut up your chicken ahead of time ;).
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 cup of cornstarch (or more).
- You need 2 of -6 eggs, beaten ( I used four chicken breast and some reason kept running out of eggs so I ended up with 6 lol).
- Prepare 1/3 cup of canola oil. ( I used used a skillet and there was a lot of chicken and I ended up filling up the oil a few times..
- You need of For the sauce.
- You need 3/4 cup of sugar.
- It’s 4 tbsp of ketchup.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of White distilled vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic salt.
Sweet and sour chicken is a popular Chinese recipe. For the best sweet and sour chicken, please following my cooking tips below: The combination of plum sauce, Lea and Perrins Worcestershire sauce and Chinese rice vinegar make the sauce tastes like the best Chinese restaurants. Restaurant style sweet and sour chicken. You can also make this with pork or shrimp.
Sweet and sour chicken step by step
- FOR THE CHICKEN BREADING:::::.
- Rinse chicken, trim off fat or extras and then cut into 1 inch cubes. season with salt and pepper. Dip chicken into cornstarch and coat all the way and then into eggs.(((( What i did to make it easier and faster for me was get a bag or gallon size ziplock bag and put all the chicken in their. Then i put a little more cornstarch and shook it till all the chicken was fully covered. Every piece. If not add more starch. Then i got my eggs aside and pulled out a handful of chicken and dropped in the egg and tossed the chicken around till each piece was coated in egg. Then repeated till i had a full skillet of chicken. Browned those and repeated till all the chicken was done.))) Heat oil in large skillet. Cook chicken until browned. Place in baking dish. 3 chicken breasts can be in a 9×9 but 5 chicken breasts fits better in a 9×13..
- FOR THE SAUCE:::::.
- Whisk until smooth. Then pour evenly over chicken. Turn chicken so the sauce gets on both sides and then put in the oven at 350°F for 15 minutes. turn chicken and then cook for 15 more minutes.
This takes some time in preparation but you can also use frozen chicken. Absolutely the best sweet and sour chicken recipe I've ever tried. My husband and I thought it was delicious. One comment about the directions: the This recipe is authentic and tastes very similar to the restaraunt style sweet & sour chicken. I probably will not make it again though because of the.