Cakalang Noodles Soup (Mie Cakalang Manado). Huge Seasonal Savings Across All of Harry & David. Order Now Before It's Too Late! Mie cakalang is a traditional Indonesian skipjack tuna noodle soup from Manado, North Sulawesi, Indonesia.
Its ingredients includes yellow noodle, skipjack tuna, choy sum, cabbages, chili pepper, scallion, shallot and garlic.. See great recipes for Cakalang Noodles Soup (Mie Cakalang Manado) too! See great recipes for Cakalang Noodles Soup (Mie Cakalang Manado) too! You can have Cakalang Noodles Soup (Mie Cakalang Manado) using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cakalang Noodles Soup (Mie Cakalang Manado)
- It’s 1/2 piece of smoked bonita fish (or tuna insteadly).
- It’s 14 oz of noodles.
- Prepare 1 bunch of mustard greens.
- It’s 1 bunch of green unions.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic (minced it).
- You need of Fried Unions for sprinkling.
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of Salt.
- It’s 1 1/2 teaspoon of Pepper Powder.
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of Chicken Powder.
- It’s of Cooking Oil.
- You need of Water.
- It’s of For Spicy Sauce (Sambal).
- Prepare 10 pieces of Chili.
- Prepare 1/3 cloves of Garlic.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Vinegar.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Salt.
- Prepare 5 tablespoon of Cakalang noodles broth soup.
Mie kocok – (lit: "shaken noodle"), is an Indonesian beef noodle soup from Bandung, consists of noodles served in rich beef consommé soup, kikil (beef tendon), bean sprouts and bakso (beef meatball), kaffir lime juice, and sprinkled with sliced fresh celery, scallion and fried shallot. Some recipes might add beef tripe. See great recipes for Cakalang Noodles Soup (Mie Cakalang Manado) too! See great recipes for Udon noodle soup w/ side dishes of zucchini & fruit too!
Cakalang Noodles Soup (Mie Cakalang Manado) instructions
- Cook the noodles with boil water and added about 1 teaspoon of salt with 2 tablespoons of cooking oil on the boil water. Drain the water and keep it aside..
- On a medium frying pan or wok, add a few tablespoons of cooking oil and wait until the cooking oil becomes little bid hot..
- Add minced garlic and sauté till it roasted well. To this add smoked bonita fish and continue with green unions. Don’t be too long. Add salt, pepper powder and chicken powder. And if it’s done, turn the heat off..
- In the other pan, bring water to boil and add the sauté earlier. Add mustard green. Correct the taste and then turn of the heat..
- For the sambal, add chili and garlic into the boil water and cooked it about 30 seconds. Turn the heat off. Blend it when it’s getting cold. Add vinegar, salt, and cakalang noodle broth soup..
- For serving, put some cooked noodles on a bowl and add the cakalang noodles broth on it. And then put the fried onions on the top. You can add the sambal for the spicy version (optional). Before eat, mixed everything very well..
See also; References; External links; The noodle soup is noted for its savoury cakalang fish aroma. After the cakalang (Minahasan for skipjack tuna) fish has been cleaned (scaled and gutted), the flesh of cakalang is split into two parts and clipped upon a bamboo frame that has been prepared previously. Then the fish meat is cured using soda powder, salt and some spices for flavouring. The cakalang meat later undergoes the smoking process, the heat of fire and smoke must be evenly. Hope this recipe will useful and reminds you of your hometown.