Vegan Smokey Carbonara Sauce. A simple creamy sauce coats the noodles with chewy, salty, smoky, bites of sun-dried tomato. Perfect for a busy weeknight meal, made from ingredients you probably already have in the pantry. Spaghetti night just got an upgrade.
I waited tables all throughout college. By that time, I'd been a vegetarian for quite a while, but none of the establishments that I served in were meatless. The vegan carbonara sauce is made in the blender, and it's a mix of raw cashews, nutritional yeast, turmeric, dijon mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, black salt aka kala namak and non dairy milk. You can cook Vegan Smokey Carbonara Sauce using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegan Smokey Carbonara Sauce
- It’s 1 Tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of yellow onion chopped.
- It’s 4 of garlic cloves chopped.
- You need 2.5 cups of almond milk.
- You need 1/4 C of whole wheat flour.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Nutritional yeast.
- You need 1 Tsp of Sea salt.
- It’s 1/2 Tsp of Smoked paprika.
- It’s 1/4 Tsp of Black pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 Tsp of White pepper.
Blend until smooth and you have your 'egg' sauce! Set that aside until you need it later. Great recipe for Vegan Smokey Carbonara Sauce. This is an attempt to reinvent some of my favorite sauces without the dairy.
Vegan Smokey Carbonara Sauce step by step
- Heat the tablespoon of oil on medium high heat. Once to temperature, add chopped onions and garlic. Cook until onions are translucent, about 5-6 minutes..
- Lower the heat to medium, remove from heat and add a flower mix well..
- Return to the medium heat and add the remaining seasoning (salt, pepper, nutritional yeast) and the almond milk. Whisk together on medium heat for about 5-8 minutes. Let the flavors combined and get used to each other 🙂 The sauce will thicken. If gets to thick add little more almond milk..
- Once all ingredients have been combined and infused, turn off the heat and let sit to cool. This step is not necessary. I do this for I hate placing hot liquid on my blender..
- Combine all these ingredients together in a blender and blend for about 3 minutes, or until smooth. This as you know all depends on how strong your blender is. Taste, may need mote salt..
- Once blended, you will have a creamy sauce that you can use for just about anything! Use on pastas, meatball tacos, falafels, salads, etc. Imagination is key!.
I had fun with this one, came out creamy and had a wonderful sweet/smokey taste. Cheers to good food and fun! This was "picky kid" kid approved and will be a favorite for. Spaghetti carbonara is usually made with bacon and eggs, and this smoky lentil carbonara has neither. But it's definitely inspired by the traditional dish – the sun-dried tomatoes and smoked paprika replace the smoky pancetta, and a dollop of creme fraiche and some hard cheese are used to make the creamy sauce instead of raw eggs.