Egg topped southern fried cabbage. Cabbage is fried with onion and bacon in this simple quick side dish. Recipes You'll Bake And Share Again and Again. I like to add cider vinegar and dried pepper flakes We southerners know this dish as "fried" cabbage, even though it's usually a mixture of sautéing, and braising or stewing, being cooked.
Allow your cabbage to cool slightly and then. Try frying the cabbage in some butter with onions and a ham steak chopped into bite size pieces. I tried this recipe last night and it was incredible! You can have Egg topped southern fried cabbage using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Egg topped southern fried cabbage
- Prepare 1 of Duck Egg (or chicken etc).
- Prepare 1 slice of Bacon.
- You need 1 tbsp of bacon fat.
- You need 1 tbsp of Ghee (or grass-fed butter).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of diced onions.
- You need 1/4 head of cabbage.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ACV.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
Topped it with sauerkraut as well, and it was incredibly tasty. How To Make The Best Southern Fried Cabbage. Don't let the "fried" part scare you off. Some folks hear "fried" in relation to Southern food and they automatically think vats of oil, like we sit You know I was talking to my friend Jyl the other day and we were talking about how neither one of us have ever known a rich plantation owning Southerner, but.
Egg topped southern fried cabbage instructions
- Cut bacon and fry in cast iron skillet with extra bacon fat..
- Add onions and ghee/butter to skillet, and let the onions brown..
- Add chopped or shredded cabbage to skillet and stir around. Cover and let cook 20 minutes or until soft..
- Add raw apple cider vinegar and salt and pepper to taste, then transfer to plate..
- Cook egg in desired fashion to top cabbage. I prefer crispy fried egg in olive oil..
- Heat olive oil in cast iron skillet. Once hot, turn off heat. Crack egg in skillet. With spoon, ladle hot oil over uncooked areas. When edges are crispy, transfer egg to plate.
How to Make Southern Fried Cabbage. Remove bacon from pan and sit aside on paper towel to drain. … Southern Fried Cabbage recipe. … You might want to make a pan of cornbread first. Crumble up some crispy bacon bits on top of the cooked cabbage and serve it while it's still warm. It makes a great side dish for many of your favorite meals, or you can just make a meal out of the bowl of cabbage itself. Full of bacon, caramalized onions, garlic and spices!