Sour cream sauce for potatoes. With an electric hand mixer or potato masher, mash potatoes until smooth. One of the great things about these creamy potatoes is they turn out even better if you make them a couple days ahead and bake them on the day you serve them till they're golden brown on top.—Krista Smith Kliebensteain, Broomfield, Colorado. Red potatoes are the star of this cultured side dish.
When the oil gets hot, pour in the potatoes and cover. To make Sour Cream Sauce, in mixing bowl, gently whisk together all sauce ingredients. Potatoes are baked in a creamy, Cheddar cheese casserole creating quick and easy scalloped potatoes for any occasion. You can have Sour cream sauce for potatoes using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sour cream sauce for potatoes
- You need 250 ml of sour cream.
- You need 1 dash of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of lemon pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of fish spice.
- You need 1 tsp of parsley.
There's a crunchy, golden topping of buttery corn flakes on top of this classic Utah side dish of creamy scalloped potatoes in a sour cream sauce with green onion. Whisk reduced vinegar, sour cream, mayo, and dill in a small bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
Sour cream sauce for potatoes step by step
- Mix all the ingredients together. Add enough lemon juice to make the sour cream softer but not very runny..
- Do a taste test to see if you want to add anything more to you liking..
- Stop taste testing (I know it's hard to resist) and serve with boiled / baked potatoes or use as a potato salad dressing..
Drizzle with sauce, garnish with extra dill, and serve warm. Baked potatoes with sour cream sauce. Chef Frank Miller Lay's Potato Chip Crusted Halibut with Caper Shallot and Parsley Tartar Sauce This dish celebrates a whimsical play off chips and dip. Grilled pork tenderloin in sour cream sauce with dill served with potatoes and beetroot salad. The key here begins with boiling your potatoes in salted chicken broth.