Easy Grilled Ham and Cheese Sandwiches. Place one slice, butter-side down in the hot skillet. Top with Swiss cheese and ham. These grilled ham and cheese sandwiches are absolutely delicious.
Put ham and cheese (optional onions or peppers) onto the bread then cook like you would grilled cheese. In a pan with butter, or stick on an electric grill. Cook on each side till brown. You can cook Easy Grilled Ham and Cheese Sandwiches using 5 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy Grilled Ham and Cheese Sandwiches
- It’s 16 slices of bread, any variety.
- It’s 1/4 cup of butter.
- It’s 24 slices of deli ham.
- Prepare 8 slices of white cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 8 slices of Colby cheese.
Open sandwich on side without cheese and add your condiments. If desired, add mustard on top of the ham. Add them at the end as grilling them while in the sandwich might get them too wilty!! lol) Condiments – Spicy mustard, mayonnaise, honey mustard, and horseradish are some great options! And when it comes to the kitchen, I like easy things!
Easy Grilled Ham and Cheese Sandwiches step by step
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees..
- Begin by buttering one side of each 16 slices of bread and pair up for sandwiches on a large baking sheet..
- Place slice of each type of cheese on non-buttered side of each sandwich..
- Next place 3 slices of ham on top of cheese..
- Assemble sandwiches, buttered sides out..
- Place your heaviest cookie sheet on top of sandwiches and lightly squish down. The heavier the better as this contributes to the even toasting of the sandwiches..
- Place in oven and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until toasted. If you have a lighter weight cookie sheet, just flip sandwiches over half way through cooking time..
- Enjoy with my Creamy Tortellini Tomato Soup for the perfect comfort meal!.
This grilled cheese that I'm showing you today isn't just a standard grilled cheese sandwich – it's a Grilled Ham & Cheese sandwich. Just sticking a few slices of deli ham (or turkey or chicken or roast beef) in the middle of a sandwich moves it up a notch. Watch my videos for easy to make recipes…kitchen basics…and live Q&A episodes where I answer all of your cooking questions. My goal is to show you that cooking doesn't have to be hard, it. A grilled cheese sandwich should never let you down.