Sweet And Sour Chicken. Sweet and Sour Chicken is a classic Chinese takeout option most of us are too afraid to make at home. Something about woks and cooking with pineapple make it intimidating for most, but it is so much easier to make than you would think. Of the classic Chinese Recipes that most people ask for on my.
This Sweet and Sour Chicken combines crispy chicken with chunks of onion, bell pepper and pineapple in a sticky homemade sauce. Ingredients for Sweet and Sour Chicken. Chicken – use boneless skinless chicken thighs for the best flavor, or chicken breasts for a lighter option. You can cook Sweet And Sour Chicken using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sweet And Sour Chicken
- Prepare 1 of 8 oz can of pineapple chunks, drained. (Juice reserved).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Cornstarch.
- It’s 1 3/4 cup of Water , divided.
- It’s 3/4 cup of White sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Distilled white vinegar.
- You need 2 of Drops orange food color.
- You need 8 of Skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 1 in. Cubes.
- Prepare 2 1/4 cup of Flour.
- You need 2 tbsp of Vegetable oil.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Cornstarch.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of White pepper.
- You need 1 of Egg.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Water.
- Prepare 1 quart of Vegetable oil, for frying.
- You need 2 of Green bell peppers, cut into 1 in. Pieces.
Sweet and sour chicken is a popular Chinese recipe. For the best sweet and sour chicken, please following my cooking tips below: The combination of plum sauce, Lea and Perrins Worcestershire sauce and Chinese rice vinegar make the sauce tastes like the best Chinese restaurants. Restaurant style sweet and sour chicken. You can also make this with pork or shrimp.
Sweet And Sour Chicken step by step
- 1. In a sauce pan, combined 1 1/2 c. Water, sugar, vinegar, reserved pineapple juice, and orange food coloring. Heat to boiling. Turn off heat. Combine 1/4 c. Cornstarch and 1/4 c. Water; slowly stir into sauce pan. Continue stirring until mixture thickens..
- 2. Combine flour, 2 tbsp. oil, 2 tbsp. cornstarch, salt, white pepper, and egg. Add 1 1/2 c. Water gradually to make a thicker batter. Stir to blend thoroughly. Add chicken pieces and stir until chicken is well coated..
- 3. Heat oil in a skillet to 360. Fry chicken pieces for 10 minutes. Remove and drain on paper towel..
- 4. When ready to serve, layer green pepper, pineapple chunks, and cooked chicken pieces on a platter. Pour hot sweet and sour sauce over top..
This takes some time in preparation but you can also use frozen chicken. Absolutely the best sweet and sour chicken recipe I've ever tried. My husband and I thought it was delicious. One comment about the directions: the This recipe is authentic and tastes very similar to the restaraunt style sweet & sour chicken. I probably will not make it again though because of the.