Tomato Basil Grilled Cheese. On four slices of bread, layer mozzarella cheese and tomatoes; sprinkle with the basil, vinegar, salt and pepper. In a small bowl, combine the oil, Parmesan cheese and garlic powder; brush over the outsides of each sandwich. In a skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches until golden brown on both sides and cheese is.
Top with remaining slices of bread, buttered side up. Classic grilled cheese sandwiches with a kick. These are great with a bowl of tomato soup with a little basil added. You can cook Tomato Basil Grilled Cheese using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tomato Basil Grilled Cheese
- Prepare 4 slices of sourdough bread.
- You need 1/2 cup of grape tomatoes, sliced.
- It’s of Marinara sauce.
- You need 4 of fresh basil leaves.
- Prepare 4 ounces of fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced about 1/4 inch.
- You need of Softened butter.
- Prepare of Balsamic glaze for dipping (optional).
Layer the cheese, basil and tomatoes on four bread slices. Sprinkle tomatoes with salt and pepper. Spread outsides of sandwiches with butter. Cook in a preheated panini maker or indoor electric grill until bread is browned and cheese is melted.
Tomato Basil Grilled Cheese step by step
- Butter one side of each of the slices of bread.
- On the other side of the bread, spread a thin layer of marinara sauce.
- On two slices of bread, add cheese, sliced tomatoes, and basil. Top the sandwiches with the remaining bread slices.
- Place the sandwiches buttered side down on a skillet heated to medium high. Place a sandwich press or a heavy bottomed skillet on top of the sandwiches. The best grilled cheese is always pressed..
- Cook about 3 minutes until the first side is golden brown. Flip and repeat..
- Serve with balsamic glaze on the side for dipping (optional).
Rach slathers her grilled cheese sandwich with a quick and easy basil-mint pesto. For a sweet & savory riff, check out her Grilled Cheese with Blackberry, Balsamic and Basil. This grilled cheese with tomato is one of the best grilled cheese recipes out there, featuring roasted tomatoes, tomato mayo, basil, and melty mozzarella. I was reading a book for work and came across this quote by Michael D. Krause: "The only thing that stands between a person and what they want in life is the will to try it and the faith to.