Grilled Corn Potato Chowder. Enjoy Our Deliciously Crafted Well Yes!® Sweet Potato Corn Chowder Today. Wine note: Our creamy Grilled Corn and Potato Chowder calls for a smooth, full-bodied white, like a French chardonnay. Remove from heat; wrap pepper in foil.
Rich, creamy, and hearty, it's the epitome of comfort food! We're starting to see cooler weather here in our neck of the woods and I am so excited to finally be able to jump on the Fall soup trail. Tips for making this Potato Corn Chowder: You can easily add in extra veggies if that's your style — just make sure they will cook in roughly the same amount of time as you don't want mushy vegetables.; You can make this soup vegetarian by skipping the bacon.; If you want to make this a heartier meal, feel free to add in cooked, crumbled sausage or a chicken breast or two with the potatoes. You can have Grilled Corn Potato Chowder using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Grilled Corn Potato Chowder
- You need 1 ounce of oil.
- Prepare 3-4 slices of bacon -diced 1/4"(cold bacon dices easier than room temprature)-I love bacon so I use four:).
- It’s of Note. If using turkey bacon add 2 ounce oil in place of the one ounce to aid in browning and making the compound roux.
- Prepare 8 ounces of sweet onion — diced 1/4".
- You need 1/2 of of red bell pepper –diced 1/4”.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic -chopped.
- Prepare 1 of each jalapeno- diced finely.
- You need 1 pound of potatoes – diced 1/4".
- You need 32 ounces of chicken stock.
- It’s 1/3 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of thyme.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Prepare 3 ears of corn, peeled, oiled, seasoned with a little salt, grilled to a light brown color, and striped from the cob.
- You need of Note 12 ounces of can corn will work in place of grilled corn.
- Prepare 1 cup of cream or half and half or milk (Milk came out great and cream tasted the best:).
- Prepare 3 tablespoon of cilantro- chopped.
Melt the butter with the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. A perfect way to use up bountiful fresh corn, this Potato Corn Chowder is the perfect end of summer soup. Or freeze extra grilled corn for a delicious soup all winter long. If you love chowder, you'll also love this Crock Pot Corn Chowder.
Grilled Corn Potato Chowder step by step
- Heat a 5qt.sauce pan with one ounce of oil Brown the diced bacon in a large 5qt.sauce..
- Sauté onion, red bell pepper, garlic and jalapeno until limp with browned bacon (do not get to hot) about 3 minutes.
- Dust w/ flour and stir together. (This is a compound roux).
- Add corn, potatoes,milk and chicken stock to the pot season with salt, pepper, sugar and thyme, and bring to a boil..
- Simmer over medium heat until potatoes are tender, (about 15-20 minutes). Adjust seasoning as needed and add the chopped parsley or cilantro..
- Note. If using turkey bacon add 2 ounce oil in place of the oneounce to aid in browning and making the compound roux..
Don't forget to check out this Bacon Cheeseburger Chowder, as well! I love a good chowder, and corn chowder is one of my favorites. I've tried a lot of corn chowder recipes over the years, and this Grilled Corn and Potato Chowder recipe is the one I always come back to. I think it's the grilled corn that makes the dish for me, although you can just throw in some canned or Directions. In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat.