Grilled Fajitas. -Fajitas are made with strips of sauteed or grilled chicken or beef (often with onions and bell peppers). They're usually served with flour tortillas on the side and other condiments like guacamole, salsa, sour cream and/or cheese that can be rolled into the tortillas with the meat. Unraveling the mysteries of home cooking through science.
Heat a charcoal or gas grill to high. Remove the skirt steak from the marinade, dry with paper towels and grill on one side for six minutes. Turn the steak over and grill on the other side, two minutes for medium-rare, approximately four minutes for medium and up to six minutes for well-done. You can have Grilled Fajitas using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Grilled Fajitas
- You need 3 lb of steak or chicken breast.
- Prepare 3 of bell peppers (color doesn't matter).
- You need 2 of red onion.
- You need 6 of fresh garlic clove finely minced.
- It’s 1 jar of pace picante sauce.
- You need 3 oz of tequilla.
- It’s 16 of burrito tortilla shells.
- You need of shredded cheese.
- Prepare of sour cream (optional).
- Prepare of rice (optional).
- Prepare of guacamole (optional).
- Prepare 3 oz of lime juice.
A Tex Mex favorite and staple at many restaurants, Grilled Steak Fajitas are the perfect blend of well seasoned steak charred with bell peppers and onions all wrapped in a warm tortilla. As legend has it, Maria Ninfa Rodriguez, better known as "Mama Ninfa Laurenzo" starting serving fajitas in her Houston restaurant called the Rio Grande. The best Grilled Chicken Fajitas Recipe: I don't know why it took me so long to do it this way, but man these are good. This recipe will give you everything – the spice rub, how to grill the vegetables… trust me, tonight is chicken fajitas night!
Grilled Fajitas instructions
- Take your choice of meat and place it in a large bowl or plastic bag along with the garlic, picante sauce, lime juice and tequila..
- Cut the bell pepper in half and clean out the hearts and place in the bowl with the meat..
- Slice the red onion into 1/4" slices and place in the bowl with the meat and peppers..
- Let the meat, peppers and onions marinade for 2 to 24 hours, flipping the bowl over periodically to make sure everything is covered..
- Once marinaded, remove the meat, peppers, and onions from the marinade, and place them on a grill. Cook the peppers & onions with indirect heat, while the meat cooks over the direct heat. I cook the steak until they are medium to medium well..
- Take the left over marinade, and place it in a sauce pan..
- Once the food is cooked, slice the meat, and peppers into 1/8" strips, and cut the onion slices to desired length. While you are slicing, turn a flame on the sauce pan of marinade. Bring to a boil for 3 minutes and then simmer until you are done slicing. I like this part because I sample as I go for quality control purposes of course..
- Dump the sliced food into a bowl, and combine with the heated marinade. Mix everything well..
- Spoon meat and veggies onto a tortilla shell and add cheese and the optional ingredients..
- Roll the tortilla and enjoy!.
Preheat a grill over medium-high heat and lightly oil the grates with vegetable oil. Fajitas are a Mexican dish that consists of strips of grilled beef and vegetables, typically bell peppers. They are served with tortillas and sour cream alongside lots of other traditional Mexican toppings. What's the best steak to use for fajitas? Skirt steak, is hands down the best cut of beef to use for fajitas.