Pan Fried Arancini. Great recipe for Pan Fried Arancini. I love arancini, but I don't have a deep fryer, and I don't want to waste a bunch of oil on an appetizer. Still, this little problem has been driving me crazy for years, every time I have leftover risotto, I can't help but want to make arancini.
Crispy Fried Arancini Recipe This crispy-on-the-outside, ooey-gooey-inside fried Arancini recipe will be your new go-to for hosting, pot-lucks, parties or game-day. Creamy rice mixed with a velvety sauce, coated in bread crumbs then fried to crisp perfection. Don't forget the marinara for dipping! You can cook Pan Fried Arancini using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pan Fried Arancini
- It’s 4 cups of leftover risotto.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 2 cups of flour.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s 1 pinch of pepper.
- You need 2 cups of panko.
- You need As needed of cooking oil.
Start by putting the water and rice into a pan with a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil and cook over a very low heat, stirring frequently, until the water has been absorbed. See great recipes for Pan Fried Arancini too! Mix together the fried rice, flour, chile sauce, soy sauce and egg in a large bowl until creamy and very well combined.
Pan Fried Arancini step by step
- Form leftover risotto into patties, about 1/2"thick and 3" wide..
- Prepare 3 plates. On one plate, combine flour, salt, and pepper. On another, spread out your panko. Crack your eggs on the 3rd and mix them up well. like if you were about to make scrambled eggs..
- Coat your patties, one by one. First, dusting with the flour, then dunking in the egg to coat, and finally, pressing into the panko, making sure to coat all of the sides..
- Heat a good amount of oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat. About 1/4" deep is good. The oil should be pretty hot. When you drop a piece of panko in, it should sizzle rapidly. Careful! Any time you've got this much hot oil in a shallow pan, you need to watch yourself and your surroundings. Kids out of the kitchen! You deserve some 'me' time anyway..
- Gently slide your rice patties into the hot oil. A fish spatula will come in handy for this. Keep in mind that if you're not gentle, hot oil will fly everywhere..
- You will start to see some golden brown crust around the edges pretty quick. No more than a few minutes, and these babies are ready to flip. Carefully again, flip the patties away from you, so that if you drop one, the oil will squirt away instead of toward you..
- Another couple of minutes and you're done. Move the crispy patties to a paper towel to dry up some of that grease, and serve. great with just about any of your favorite dipping sauces..
A favorite in Sicily, arancini are round, deep-fried croquettes that are typically made from leftover risotto. Here, we serve these addictive morsels with a grilled red pepper sauce for dipping. Two innovative appliances from Philips—the smoke-less indoor grill and the airfryer—streamline the cooking process. Heat a heavy-based, high-sided frying pan or saucepan over medium heat. Remove risotto balls from the fridge.