Thai Basil Porks. Thai basil minced pork is one of my favorite Thai recipes. It's such a simple dish but still full of flavor. Rice combines very well with the bold flavors of this dish and breaks up the richness of the fried pork.
In said recipes, we used what our local Asian grocery store labels as, "Thai Basil," which is actually a variety of cinnamon basil. Usually, this dish is made with ground pork, but nearly any type of pork or chicken can be used. For our recipe, we used pork loin cut into thin strips. You can have Thai Basil Porks using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Thai Basil Porks
- It’s 150 g of Pork (marinade).
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of Taocu (soybeans paste).
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of Sugar.
- You need of Thai Basil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Garlic.
- Prepare 150 ml of water.
- You need of Potato Starch.
There are two keys to this dish: first, make sure you use enough basil, and second, get yourself this secret Thai ingredient: Golden Mountain Sauce (see more on this sauce below recipe). Known in its native land as Pad Gkaprow Mu, Thai basil pork is a near constant on the table in its native country, whether at breakfast or dinner. Once you experience the slightly spicy, salty, sweet for yourself, and realize how easy it is to make, you'll understand why it's a classic. Add pork and continue to stir fry on medium heat until almost ready.
Thai Basil Porks step by step
- Pork meat cut into size and marinade with Soy Sauce, Pepper and 1tsp of corn flour..
- Heat up the wok with 4tbsp vegetables oil and fried some chopped garlic.
- Add in water, Taocu and the pork meat as well. Water cook with the pork is better feeling… meat softens.
- The add in all the sauce to taste and let it boil….
- Lastly add in some potato starch and also add in Thai Basil's….. ready to be served.
Keep stir frying and add pork stock as needed. Add oyster sauce, fish sauce, sugar. Increase heat to high and add fresh thai basil. Keep stir frying for few seconds. But they all point to this same delicious, rustic, spicy stir-fry featuring the aroma of holy basil.