Sweet and Sour Egg, Bacon and Avo Salad.
You can cook Sweet and Sour Egg, Bacon and Avo Salad using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sweet and Sour Egg, Bacon and Avo Salad
- It’s 2 of Rashers thin-cut, unsmoked streaky bacon.
- Prepare 2 medium of Eggs.
- It’s 1 tbsp of White vinegar.
- Prepare 2 medium of Avocados.
- Prepare 2 bunch of Mixed baby salad leaves.
- Prepare of For the sweet and sour sauce.
- You need 2 tsp of Soft brown sugar.
- You need 2 tsp of Red wine vinegar.
- It’s 50 grams of Butter.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Tomato ketchup.
- It’s 1 tsp of Light soya sauce.
Sweet and Sour Egg, Bacon and Avo Salad step by step
- Put bacon in a cold, ungreased, non-stick frying pan. Put pan over medium heat and cook until crispy. Once done, place on paper towel to soak off excess fat..
- Add all sweet and sour sauce ingredients to a small sauce pan and heat over a low heat, stirring occasionally, until butter has melted and sugar has boiled. Do not boil..
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and reduce heat until water is just simmering. Add white vinegar and then gently break eggs into water. Cook until the white is cooked but the yolk is still nice and runny, about 4 minutes..
- Cut the avocado in half, remove the stone and peal off the outer skin..
- Place one large handful of salad leaves on each place. Put an avo half on top of the leaves with the hollow facing upwards. Spoon the sweet and sour sauce into the hollow, allowing it to overflow onto the leaves. Crumble a bacon rasher over each avo and serve the egg on the side.