Whole roasted chicken on the grill. Fire up the grill for six summery takes, each yielding juicy, smoky results. Get the Recipe > Easy Grill-Roasted Whole Chicken Like so many of our readers, I love a simple roast chicken that tastes of nothing but concentrated chicken-y goodness. Grilled Whole Chicken on a Gas Grill.
Beer Butt Chicken "This was a hit at our last barbeque. Good Frickin' Paprika Chicken "This has made it into my family. Today, I decided it was time to roast a chicken which I'd thawed in the fridge for the past few days. You can cook Whole roasted chicken on the grill using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Whole roasted chicken on the grill
- You need 1 of roasting chicken completely thawed and cleaned.
- You need to taste of salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 stalk of celery.
- Prepare 1 of small onion.
- It’s 1 of lemon.
- It’s 2 tsp of rosemary.
- You need 2 tsp of sage.
- You need of olive oil.
The smell of the bird cooking has been permeating through the house for the past hour or so. I can't wait to taste it! I had some bbq. sauce I made so used it, but any will do. In this whole grilled chicken recipe, a vertical grilling rack allows the heat of the grill to flow inside the bird, which means it cooks from both the inside and outside.
Whole roasted chicken on the grill step by step
- Brush olive oil on chicken.Salt liberally. (I used probably at least 2 tbs for a 6 pound bird). Sprinkle with pepper. Cut celery and place in cavity of chicken..
- Slice onion and lemon. Place in 9×13 foil pan. Add sage and rosemary. Fill with water..
- Place the pan with lemon,onion and water directly on the grill racks. Place chicken directly on a cooking rack (I just used a cooling rack)over the pan of water. Put woodchips in another disposable pan and place directly on grill rack..
- Close lid and turn grill on highest setting for 20 minutes..
Season with just salt, pepper and olive oil or use your favorite rub or marinade. Place chicken in a roasting pan, and season generously inside and out with salt and pepper. Sprinkle inside and out with onion powder. For grill-roasting a whole chicken, you need a two-zone, medium-hot fire. Kingsford Long Burning, with its longer burning time and low ash formula, is a good fuel for whole chicken.