Sweet and sour Lamb. Be the first to review this recipe. It is commonly used in Asia and has been used in England since the Middle Ages. Sweet and sour remains popular in Europe and the Americas.
Add the chilli flakes, sesame oil, soy sauce, tomato ketchup, sesame seeds and honey. Stir-fry until the lamb is completely cooked through, then season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper. When butter is hot, sear lamb chops on both sides until lightly browned. You can cook Sweet and sour Lamb using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sweet and sour Lamb
- Prepare 1/4 kg of steak lamb.
- Prepare 2 piece of carrots.
- You need 1 stick of ribs of celery.
- You need 2 clove of garlic.
- You need of vegetable oil.
- You need 1/2 cup of tomato sauce.
- It’s 1 piece of lemon.
- You need of sugar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of light soysauce.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Variations: Pork chops, veal chops, boneless chicken pieces or shrimp may be substituted for the lamb chops; however, cooking times will have to be adjusted for pork, chicken, and shrimp. Denningvleis is a sweet and sour lamb recipe originating from the Cape Malay community. This South African recipe stews lamb chops with tamarind paste.
Sweet and sour Lamb instructions
- Squeeze half of fresh lemon into a lamb, soak for 5 minutes..
- In a pan heat up some oil ang fried the meat. Cook each side until bit brown..
- Get out from the pan and slice into small bite piece the lamb..
- Use only small amount of oil when sauting the garlic, add the thin sliced carrots and sliced celwry stir and let it half cook. Add the sliced lamb and tomato sauce, soy sauce, sugar and the half lemon juice. Stir and let it simmer for few minutes until cook or as desired.
Its taste bounces between sweet and sour as a result of the tamarind used. Spring is lamb time for me, and you know how much I love Chinese food. Here I've combined my favorites in one easy recipe. Place lamb chops on browning dish. Combine lamb, bouillon, bread crumbs, eggs,. large saucepan, combine sweet and sour sauce, pineapple, onion, peppers, carrots, . coated and heated thoroughly.