Grilled Whole Fish with Tamarind, Sweet Soy Sauce and Bento Rice. Great recipe for Grilled Whole Fish with Tamarind, Sweet Soy Sauce and Bento Rice. I made this with mom when i was at home yesterday. Ya before eid come we usually give boxes of food for our neighbours (it's a common tradition here).
All eaten with steamed rice and fresh vegetables can be kept refrigerated for up to a month. Can change from minced pork, chopped shrimp instead. See great recipes for My mom's Gado-gado Padang (mix Veges w/ Peanut sauce) 🇮🇩 too!. You can have Grilled Whole Fish with Tamarind, Sweet Soy Sauce and Bento Rice using 17 ingredients and 25 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Grilled Whole Fish with Tamarind, Sweet Soy Sauce and Bento Rice
- You need 2 of fresh fishes (i used gourami fish).
- It’s 3 of Coriander (approx).
- Prepare 6 of red onion.
- You need 6 of Garlic.
- It’s 1 of Lime.
- Prepare 1 tsp of tamarind.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 4 tbsp of sweet soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 cm of Ginger.
- It’s 4 of red chili.
- Prepare 4 of green chili.
- Prepare 4 tsp of Oil (approximately).
- Prepare of Water.
- Prepare 2 of Tomato.
- Prepare 1 of cucumbar (for garnish n its optional).
- It’s 1 of Banana leaf (for plate n its optional).
Like the Indonesian people who are not satisfied if they do not eat rice, it is so in. This sweet tamarind version is classically used as a dipping sauce for Indian fried snacks like pakoras (vegetable fritters) and samosas (potato-filled pastries). I picked up some aloo chaat kati pouches at Trader Joe's not to long ago and then realized I didn't have any chutney for dipping. Bento Components: – Sushi Rice – Steamed Broccoli – Cuban Meatballs – Cerea.
Grilled Whole Fish with Tamarind, Sweet Soy Sauce and Bento Rice instructions
- Wash fish then slice its part then out all the fillings (organs). Make sure the inner part is clean. Then wash it again.
- Slice its body into 3 small slice.
- Put fish into mixed water, Black pepper, lime and salt.
- Crush coriender until fine crush (you can use blender) then set aside..
- Crush ginger then set aside.
- Blend onion and garlic with blender or you can use food processor or stone.
- Mix step 4,5,6 then fry (without oil) until light brown or until its mixture little bit dry..
- Pour then mix step 7 with soy sauce.
- Put tamarin in a glass of water then mix 1 tsp tamarind in a sauce (step 8) then stir..
- Fry your fishes in deep friyj.
- Brush your fried fishes with sauce.
- Grill it in a pan.
- Chop-chop red chili, green chili and tomatoes.
- Add sliced red chili, green chili and tomatoes in sauce.
- Then put olive oil or vegetable oil inside. Fry it for about 5 minutes.
- Place your fish on a sliced banana leaf.
- Apply sauce (step 14) all over fish.
- Put garnish (sliced fresh tomato and cucumbar). Then Grilled whole fish is readyy…
- You can made rice in a manual steamer or electric rice cooker. I used manual steamer in this recipe.
- Wash 400ml (2 cup) rice with water.
- Put approximately, 5 glass of water inside steamer (1 liter) then put steamer tray on the top of water. Then put 400 ml (2 cup) of rice on the top of it..
- Wait for some minutes (for about 20 minutes).
- Brush your bowl with oil/butter. Fill the bowl with rice and flatten it with the back of your spoon. Really push it down into the bowl then flip your bowl in a plate or flatten shape (i used plastic peper wrap for food)..
- Bento rice is ready..
- A box of fish and bento rice is readyyyy.
Minced chicken, scallion, glass noodle, bean sporut and basil leave with sweet chili dipping sauce. Taste test the sauce for salt and sour-sweetness, adding more fish sauce if not salty enough, and more sugar if you find it too sour. Cover and keep warm while you cook the fish. Topped with bean sprouts, peanuts and lime. Wide noodles with bean sprouts, green onion, Chinese broccoli, and egg in a sweet soy sauce.