Lazy Sweet and Sour Chicken. Chinese-style sweet and sour chicken, stir-fried with bell peppers and pineapple chunks. This recipe for Sweet and Sour Chicken doesn't deep fry, but instead uses a method for creating a delicate, smooth and succulent chicken that goes perfectly with a lighter sweet and sour sauce. Sweet and sour chicken is a popular Chinese recipe.
This Sweet and Sour Chicken combines crispy chicken with chunks of onion, bell pepper and pineapple in a sticky homemade sauce. Chicken – use boneless skinless chicken thighs for the best flavor, or chicken breasts for a lighter option. I am a complete sucker for sweet and sour chicken when it comes to take-out. You can have Lazy Sweet and Sour Chicken using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lazy Sweet and Sour Chicken
- It’s 1 of white rice, cooked ( I do the 4 serving size).
- Prepare 1 of green pepper, cleaned and chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of onion, chopped.
- You need 1 can of sliced water chestnuts(5oz.), drained.
- It’s 1 can of pineapple chunks(20oz.), drained..
- Prepare 2 of bottles of sweet and sour sauce.
- Prepare 20 of frozen chicken nuggets cooked according to package directions and cut into 4 pieces.
- Prepare 1 of Salt and pepper to taste.
- It’s 1 of Steamed broccoli; optional.
But it's been hard to find a place that has it down What makes this recipe so perfect is that the chicken is first fried to get that crisp exterior. Then it gets baked in a low temperature for. Absolutely the best sweet and sour chicken recipe I've ever tried. My husband and I thought it was delicious.
Lazy Sweet and Sour Chicken step by step
- Preheat oven for chicken nuggets, cook according to package.
- When you are steaming the rice throw the green peppers and onion in with it..
- When rice is done, in the same pan add water chestnuts, pineapples, and one bottle of sauce. Cook on low heat until everything is warmed.
- In small sauce pan warm other bottle of sauce on low heat or you can warm it in the microwave.
- First put a scoop of rice mixture on plate, top with chopped chicken nuggets and drizzle with additional sauce.
This recipe is authentic and tastes very similar to the restaraunt style sweet & sour chicken. I probably will not make it again though because of the. It's a perfect dipping sauce for egg rolls or for use as a topper for sweet and sour chicken. Cayenne pepper brings the blaze in this recipe – a half teaspoon adds a noticeable simmer, but feel free to experiment with a little more if you prefer a fierier sauce. Restaurant style sweet and sour chicken.