Green Tomato Crostini. Fried Green Tomato Crostini with Lemon Herb Goat Cheese is the perfect appetizer to serve at any dinner party. This twist on a classic Southern comfort food will have your guests begging for more! Tomato Crostini with Whipped Feta from Barefoot Contessa.
Spoon tomato mixture over bread with a slotted spoon, then add onion. Tear basil into pieces, and scatter on top. Plum tomatoes usually have better flavor and are less watery than other tomatoes during the off season, so they are great for this recipe. You can cook Green Tomato Crostini using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Green Tomato Crostini
- You need 2 of green tomatoes; seeded & small dice.
- Prepare 1 T of dill; minced.
- You need 1/2 of lemon; zested & juiced.
- Prepare 1/4 of red onion; minced.
- It’s 1/4 C of grated parmesean cheese.
- It’s 1 of large pinch sugar.
- You need 1 of baguette; sliced thin on bias.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic; peeled and cut in half horizontally.
- Prepare as needed of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need as needed of kosher salt & black pepper.
If you're without a baking sheet, carefully arrange the bread slices directly on the oven rack. Combine green tomatoes, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, dill, and red onion. Add a large pinch of salt and pepper. Lay a piece of parchment paper atop a baking tray.
Green Tomato Crostini instructions
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine green tomatoes, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, dill, and red onion. Add a large pinch of salt and pepper..
- Lay a piece of parchment paper atop a baking tray. Lay cut baguette slices atoo and brush with plenty of oil. Sprinkle salt, pepper, and parmesean atop each slice..
- Toast baguette slices for approximately 5 minutes or until edges are crispy but center is not quite crispy. It will crisp perfectly during carry over cooking process while resting..
- Rub a half clove of garlic all over the crisp bread slices while hot so the oils released from the garlic will flavor the bread..
- Top each slice with tomato mixture then sprinkle a little parmesean atop..
- Variations; Diced pickles, vinegar, white wine vinegar, pickle relish, cucumber, parsley, lime, burrata cheese, feta, bell peppers, chives, corn, hard boiled eggs, bacon, pancetta, prosciutto, vegetable oil, butter, fried capers, celery seed, mustard, savory, scallions.
Lay cut baguette slices atoo and brush with plenty of oil. Green Tomato Bruschetta At the end of tomato season, if you're lucky, you will have several green tomatoes of any size remaining on the plants. Harvest and prepare these to enjoy a delicious bruschetta topping. Nothing This Avocado & Tomato Crostini Recipe will be a crowd-pleaser at parties.. S. crop is the Hass variety, which has rough, nubby blackish-green skin and yellowish-green flesh.