Low Carb Philly Cheesesteak Casserole. Philly cheese steak casserole is a low carb casserole recipe that's full of good stuff! Beef, peppers, onions, and plenty of cheese make this casserole hearty and filling. We lived in Nebraska a few years ago and they opened a cheese steak joint just before we moved away.
This is the best steak marinade recipe and you can also use flank steak if you wish. If you are looking for sides to pair with your steak, going the casserole route is perfect! This low carb philly cheesesteak casserole is a simple twist on a classic American favorite. You can cook Low Carb Philly Cheesesteak Casserole using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Low Carb Philly Cheesesteak Casserole
- You need 1 lb of lean ground beef.
- It’s 1/2 of green bell pepper – chopped.
- It’s 4 oz of fresh button mushrooms – chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of worcestershire sauce.
- You need 4 of eggs.
- You need 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- It’s 6-8 slices of provolone cheese.
Not only is it delicious, but easy ground beef casseroles like this cheesesteak dish also make for great dinners because they are easy, quick, and popular with the whole family. The classic Philly cheesesteak is made with beef, and this keto casserole can be made with either chicken or beef. Just a bite or two and you will quickly see why. If you are looking for sides to pair with your steak, going the casserole route is perfect!
Low Carb Philly Cheesesteak Casserole step by step
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat, breaking up to a fine crumble as you go. About halfway through cooking the meat add the bell pepper and mushrooms. Stir in the salt, pepper, onion powder, and worcestershire. Continue cooking until the veggies are tender..
- When meat mixture is done do not drain. Transfer directly to a greased 9×9 inch casserole dish, spreading out evenly. Set aside to cool for about 10 minutes..
- While the meat is cooling preheat oven to 350°F. Crack eggs into a medium bowl. Add cream to eggs. Wisk together until well blended..
- Pour egg blend evenly over meat mixture in casserole dish. Top evenly with provolone to cover (I used 7 1/2 slices to get the coverage I desired)..
- Place casserole in oven. Bake 20-30 minutes or until the center no longer jiggles when you shake the dish. If the cheese begins to brown too much while cooking loosely tent with foil. When done, remove from oven and let rest 10 minutes. Dish it up and enjoy!.
You get everything in one meal prep friendly dish. Keto Low-Carb Philly Cheese Steak Casserole Low Carb Philly Cheese Steak Casserole is one of those recipes that makes following a low carb diet easy. Lots of meat, cheese, and cream. Because this recipe makes use of ground beef, it makes an economical meal. Low Carb Philly Cheese Steak Casserole gets prepped on the stove and finished in the oven.