Italian pasta casserole. All the traditional flavors abound in this dish reminiscent of lasagna. "This is a zippy and hearty recipe that our family and guests really like."—Denise Rasmussen, Salina, Kansas. A pasta casserole made with red sauce, ground beef, onions, bell pepper, pepperoni, and cheese. We used pasta sauce instead of tomato and my mom added italian seasoning, oregano, and a.
Be the first to review this recipe. These pasta casseroles are one-dish wonders, perfect for family meals. Casseroles include hearty meat, chicken, and tuna, and a few meat-free choices. You can cook Italian pasta casserole using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Italian pasta casserole
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Cumin.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Thyme.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Salt.
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil.
- You need 1/2 of chopped orange bell pepper.
- It’s 1/4 of chopped white onion.
- Prepare 1 lb of ground Italian or Sage sausage.
- It’s 1 (28 oz) of can stewed tomatoes.
- You need 1 cup of shredded Jack cheese.
- You need 1 lb of Fusilli pasta noodles.
- Prepare 1 (24 oz) of can red pasta sauce.
What all goes into this Cream Cheese Italian Pasta Casserole? pasta – ground beef – cream In the slow cooker pour in the pasta, red sauce, one cup of water, cooked ground beef, diced cream cheese. This pasta casserole will satisfy everyone, the cook and the eaters! Easy to make and absolutely delicious. Learn how to make Italian Pasta Casserole.
Italian pasta casserole step by step
- Start noodles on medium-high and bring to a boil until 3/4 cooked but slightly al dente.
- Add olive oil to pan and cook onions until translucent..
- Add in sausage and brown, slowly mixing in the chopped bell peppers.
- Season meat and veggies with salt, cumin and thyme.
- Add in stewed tomatoes and blend well.
- Incorporate cooked noodles into meat mixture.
- In halves, pour pasta sauce in with noodles and meat.
- Fill 9"by 13" glass baking dish with pasta in two additions. After first layer, add half cup of cheese. Then add the rest of the pasta and sprinkle remaining cheese on top..
- Cover and bake on 350 for 30 minutes.
Tender penne pasta baked in a meaty tomato sauce and topped with mozzarella cheese. Brown meat in large skillet; drain. Add pasta, pasta sauce and half the Parmesan; mix well. A super easy and healthy casserole that is easily gluten-free. Everyone has food cravings for Italian pasta.