Gluten-free and Vegan Lasagna GF, DF, EF, V.
You can have Gluten-free and Vegan Lasagna GF, DF, EF, V using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Gluten-free and Vegan Lasagna GF, DF, EF, V
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 3 cans of tomato sauce.
- You need 1 of medium onion (finely chopped).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of yellow bell pepper (finely chopped).
- It’s 3 of large garlic cloves (finely minced).
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.
- It’s 2 of zucchini (finely sliced).
- You need 2 of large portobello mushrooms (roasted).
- You need 2 tablespoons of fresh Italian parsley (finely chopped).
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of oregano.
- You need 1 bag of vegan shredded mozzarella cheese.
- You need 1 box of gluten-free brown rice lasagna noodles (I used Tinkyada).
Gluten-free and Vegan Lasagna GF, DF, EF, V step by step
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and roast portobello mushrooms for 20 minutes. Set aside to cool. Reduce oven heat to 350 degrees..
- In a large skillet on medium heat, add olive oil and saute onion and yellow bell pepper until translucent in color. Add minced garlic, stir and cook for another 1 or 2 minutes..
- Turn heat to low and add 3 cans of tomato sauce. Add salt, pepper, oregano and red pepper flakes. Simmer for one full hour with the lid on..
- Boil brown rice lasagna noodles in salted water for amount of time listed on the directions. Lay out cooked noodles in a single layer on a bake pan or parchment paper. Do not overlap noodles or they will stick and fall apart upon seperation..
- Finely slice roasted portobello mushrooms and set aside. Finely slice 2 raw zucchini and set aside..
- In a large bake dish spread one thin layer of tomato sauce on the bottom. Lay down 3 noodles down on top of sauce and cover with first layer of shredded vegan mozzarella cheese..
- Next layer starts with another 3 noodles. Spread another layer of tomato sauce and add a layer of your roasted portobello mushrooms. Top with more tomato sauce..
- Next layer starts with another 3 noodles. Add more tomato sauce and lay out all the thinly sliced zucchini on top. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon chopped italian parsley and cover with tomato sauce..
- Add the last layer of noodles. Add another layer of tomato sauce. Melt remainder mozzarella vegan cheese in sauce pan and spread out on top of lasagna in a decorative pattern. Top with the rest of the chopped italian parsley..
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. To finish, broil on low for 5 minutes for a rustic Italian look. Cool 5 minutes before serving. ENJOY!!.