Churros. Real churros in Spain are not light and fluffy; they're like this. My husband thought it was difficult to make. Did not have a pastry bag, so I used a ziploc bag instead to pipe into oil..
Churros are traditional in Spain and Portugal, where they originated, as well as in the Philippines and Ibero-America. They are also consumed around the world, especially in the Southwestern United States, France, and other areas that have received immigration from Spanish. Now comes the fun part: It's time to fry the churros! You can have Churros using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Churros
- It’s of Churros batter.
- It’s 300 ml of water.
- You need 1/4 cup of butter/margarine.
- You need 1 tbsp of + 1tsp sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 cup of flour (sifted).
- It’s 1 tbsp of milk.
- It’s 2-3 pcs of egg.
Repeat until the pan is full but the bites still have room to fry. Cook the churros until they're golden brown on all sides. I ate six churros that day and didn't share a single bite of the foot-long magical wands of dough. Once the churros are crisp and golden brown, remove them from the oil with a slotted spoon and drain on the kitchen paper-lined tray.
Churros step by step
- In a caserole with medium flame add 300ml water, 1/4 butter, 1tbsp+ 1tsp sugar, 1/4tsp salt..
- Wait for it to boil. Add 1cup flour, mix it until well blend..
- If it's well blended turn the heat in a low flame then add 1tbsp of milk. Mix it for about 2mins.
- Remove it from the stove. Then add 3 eggs. I prefer 3 eggs to make it more softer. If you want to make little crispy just add 2 eggs.
- You can mix it with spatula or hand mixer. Mix it until smooth.
- After mixing, put it in a pipping bag.
- Glace the tray/pan/tupperware with oil. Then start putting the churros batter. You can make different shapes/ styles..
- Then put it in the fridge for about 1 to 2 hrs.
- Then you can deep fry your churros 😊.
Carry on cooking the rest of the dough in batches, sprinkling the cooked churros with some cinnamon sugar as you go. Make churros: In a large saucepan over medium heat, add water, butter, and sugar. Bring to a boil, then add vanilla. Turn off heat and add flour and salt. Churros are the epitome of sweet street food treats.