Grilled Swineapple (pork & pineapple). BBQ Swineapple: Pork Stuffed Pineapple Wrapped In Bacon (with Video) This amazing BBQ Swineapple is perfect for meat lovers for relaxed summer weekends with friends and family. Always a conversation starter, this recipe has mouthwatering rib, bacon and pineapple flavors and is cooked on the grill or in the oven. Put the swineapple on the grill over the drip pan with the bacon seam-side down.
Lay all of the country style ribs into a foil pan and coat it with regular yellow mustard to help the rub to stick really well. Since I had to work late, smoking the loin was out of the question. So grilling my Swineapple it was. You can have Grilled Swineapple (pork & pineapple) using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Grilled Swineapple (pork & pineapple)
- You need 1 of very ripe pineapple.
- It’s 1 of pork tenderloin (rub of your choice).
- It’s 8 of toothpicks.
- It’s 1 of metal bowl.
- You need 1 of plastic wrap.
- You need 1 of tong.
- You need 1 of plate or pan.
- Prepare 1 of knife.
- You need 1 of spoon.
The next burner I set half way and the farthest away burner I had on high. Place into hot dog buns, top with barbecue sauce, minced red onion, and minced jalapeño (optional). Cut the top and bottom off the pineapple and trim the sides in circular motion, then hollow out the middle of pineapple, keeping it intact. Remove the pork from the brine and lightly pat dry.
Grilled Swineapple (pork & pineapple) instructions
- Cut the top off of your pineapple, using a knife and spoon, remove the insides. Try to leave 3/4" of pineapple for your sides.
- Open your tenderloin and remove as much fat as possible..
- After all the fat is removed, cut the loin in half and stuff inside the pineapple.
- Place the pineapple top back on and use your toothpicks to hold the top on. Leave 1/2" of the toothpick exposed. Easier to remove when the loin is done..
- I placed my pineapple in a metal bowl, covered with plastic wrap and placed back into the refrigerator to let the loin marinate with the pineapple overnight..
- Since I had to work late, smoking the loin was out of the question. So grilling my Swineapple it was. Using my 4 burner propane grill, I kept the 2 burners under the pineapple on low. The next burner I set half way and the farthest away burner I had on high. This method took exactly 2h15mins. I probed the side of the pineapple and a perfect 165°..
- After removing the loin from the grill, I waited 20 mins before I took the top of the pineapple off. Cut your slices and enjoy! The loin was spicey, sweet and so tender. No knife need to eat the loin..
Liberally apply Rossarooski's Honey Rib Rub and carefully insert pork into the hollowed out pineapple. Ingredients: Boneless Pork Ribs or Pork Loin. Seasoning of Choice ( We use a lot of Tony Chachere's made not far from where we grew up in Louisiana!). Drain all the liquid from the slow cooker and shred pork with fork. Mix together the sugar, salt, paprika, black pepper, mustard powder, garlic powder and onion powder.