Cheeseburger grilled cheese sandwiches. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. When the grilled cheese sandwich is done, quickly open each one up. Place burgers on one slice of bread, top with mushrooms and onions, put top slice of bread back on top of sandwich.
Given my obsession with grilled cheese sandwiches you can bet that there are going to be some new grilled cheese sandwiches on Closet Cooking over the next few weeks starting off with these absolutely tasty bacon double cheeseburger grilled cheese sandwiches! The pro of American cheese slices: it's delicious and the holy grail cheese for grilled cheese. Meet yourself halfway, and buy the organic version that can be found at Trader Joe's. You can have Cheeseburger grilled cheese sandwiches using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cheeseburger grilled cheese sandwiches
- It’s 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 of chopped onion.
- You need 1 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of yellow mustard.
- It’s 1 tbsp of worchestire sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of ground black pepper.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 4 slices of sourdough bread.
- Prepare 2 c of shredded cheddar.
- Prepare 6 of pickle slices.
- Prepare 1 of tomato sliced.
- You need of ketchup for drizzling.
You get that wonderfully fake cheesy flavor and a goopy melt but are supporting better farming practices by going organic. This will basically be the best grilled cheese of your life – stacked with cheesy, meaty goodness! Anything that involves the word "cheeseburger" is an automatic win. Spread butter evenly on one side of each piece of bread, then place bread buttered side down in a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat until golden brown.
Cheeseburger grilled cheese sandwiches step by step
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and cook until soft, 5 minutes, then add beef and cook until no longer pink, 5 minutes more. Drain fat..
- Add mustard, Worcestershire, and garlic powder to beef and season with salt and pepper. Stir until combined..
- Assemble sandwich: Butter the outside of all 4 slices of bread. Add 1 slice of bread buttered-side-down to skillet and top with 1/2 cup cheddar and half the cheeseburger mixture. Add pickle slices and tomato and a drizzle of ketchup. Top with 1/2 cup more cheddar and sandwich with another slice of bread, buttered side up..
- Repeat with remaining ingredients to make a second sandwich..
- Cook sandwiches until bread is golden and cheese is melty, 5 minutes..
Third Step: Build Your BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger Grilled Cheese. Mayonnaise one side of a piece of bread and add it to a grill or skillet. Top the bread with a slice of cheese. Top the filling with two slices of bacon and another piece of cheese. Place another piece of bread on top.