Buttermilk Grilled Chicken. Remove the chicken from the marinade and pat dry with paper towels. When the grills is ready, place the chicken on the unlit side of the grill. Place the buttermilk, thyme, garlic and salt in a large bowl or shallow dish.
Heat grill to medium with direct and indirect heat zones. Remove chicken from marinade, and pat dry with paper towels. Allow the recipe to marinate in the fridge until ready to cook. You can have Buttermilk Grilled Chicken using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Buttermilk Grilled Chicken
- Prepare 6 lbs of bone-in chicken pieces.
- Prepare 3 cups of Buttermilk.
- You need 4 of Table spoons garlic powder.
- You need 4 of Table spoons(non-spicy) Paprika.
- You need 2 of Table spoons smoked Paprika.
- You need 1/2 of Table spoon Cayenne or 2 table spoons Sriracha, optional, (adjust to your liking).
- Prepare 1-2 of Table spoons kosher salt.
- It’s 2 of Table spoons fresh ground black pepper.
Chicken Breast is marinated in Buttermilk, garlic, herb, spice marinade and grilled to perfection. This Easy Grilled Chicken Breast With Buttermilk Marinade is super moist and Juicy. Best for a quick weeknight dinner or for summer barbeques. Using a large bowl, combine all of the spices, garlic, buttermilk and mix well.
Buttermilk Grilled Chicken step by step
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl, make sure salt is dissolved..
- Place the chicken and all the ingredients in a large Ziploc bag and place in the fridge (see note above about marinating time).
- Take out the chicken from the bag and place on a rack so excess marinade is removed. (You can re-use the marinade by freezing it for later use).
- Heat the grill to medium-high and grill the chicken till they're done (internal chicken temperature should be 165 F / 74 C.
Using a large dish one that is deep enough for the chicken to be placed flat, side by side and covered with the buttermilk mixture, pour the mixture over the chicken, being sure to submerge all the chicken in the yummy buttermilk and spices. In a casserole dish or a food-safe storage bag, combine buttermilk, salt, sugar, peppercorns, thyme, bay leaves, and garlic cloves. In medium bowl, whisk together buttermilk, mustard powder, sriracha, garlic and paprika. Place chicken in large zip-top bag; pour buttermilk mixture over chicken. Preheat outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium heat.