Roasted tomato grilled cheese sandwiches. I started liking grilled cheese & tomato sandwiches years ago at a little restaurant near my office. I would go about three times a week to order a grilled provolone cheese & tomato sandwich. Today I wanted something different, something a little spicier, so I made up the following recipe.
Summer tomatoes are flavorful and are a great choice for filling these sandwiches and create unique and impressive sandwiches. The technique for toasting the bread on the stovetop and melting the cheese under the broiler may seem a little, well, fussy, but it does a few things to guarantee the success of the sandwich: It ensures perfectly buttery, golden toasted bread, and it also keeps the tomato from steaming while the cheese melts. Tomato cheese sandwich recipe – Quick and simple sandwich recipe made with pan roasted tomatoes and cheese. You can cook Roasted tomato grilled cheese sandwiches using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Roasted tomato grilled cheese sandwiches
- You need 9 of cherry tomatoes cut in half.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic minced.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s of black ground pepper.
- It’s 1 1/2 c of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Prepare leaves of fresh basil.
- You need of room temperature butter.
This is almost the same as the simple cheese sandwich but with an addition of tomatoes and onions that are roasted on a tawa. The roasting of tomatoes and onions lend a unique flavor to the sandwich. Tomatoes and onions can be roasted in a oven, grill pan or over direct fire. Grilled cheese sandwiches with gooey melted cheese, summer roasted tomatoes, fresh basil and crispy buttery bread slices.
Roasted tomato grilled cheese sandwiches step by step
- Prepare roasted tomatoes. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).In a medium bowl, toss together tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper.Place tomatoes to a baking sheet and spread into an even layer.Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Prepare the sandwiches. Heat a nonstick pan over medium high heat. Spread butter on the sides of the bread. With butter side down, top with cheddar cheese, roasted tomato and basil leaves. Top with the other slice of bread, butter side up.
- Place the sandwich on the pan and cook until the bottom is golden brown, for about 3 minutes. Flip, press with a spatula and cook the other side until crispy, golden brown and cheese is melted.Serve immediately.
Here it is: the perfect method for making a grilled cheese sandwich. Discover the best cheeses for making grilled cheese sandwiches. My grilled cheese just became an adult!" – Chef Mo Grilled Cheese with Tomato is the ultimate comfort food, it doesn't matter if you are an oldster or a youngster. Soft sourdough bread grilled with gruyere, cheddar cheese, and tomato is always the perfect lunch or snack! It's all about the cheese when it comes to the best grilled cheese sandwich!.