Grilled cheese dogs. Cover and cook over medium heat until cheese. A brilliant combination of two classics: grilled cheese and hot dogs! A buttery crisp hot dog bun filled with lots of melted cheese and a juicy grilled hot dog.
A buttery, crispy hot dog bun encases a grilled hot dog with lots of melty cheese and crispy bacon. Lunch doesn't get any better than this! The buns are brushed with melted butter flavored with a little garlic powder. You can cook Grilled cheese dogs using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Grilled cheese dogs
- You need of hot dog buns.
- It’s 4 of hot dogs cut in half.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 3 c of cheddar cheese.
Heat a griddle or skillet over medium heat. Butter the outside of the hot dog buns. Transfer chili dogs to a plate and wipe skillet clean. The Best Hot Dog Recipes on Yummly
Grilled cheese dogs instructions
- Flatten hot dog buns with a rolling pin. In a small bowl, stir together butter, garlic powder, and onion powder. Spread all over bottom side of buns..
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sear hot dogs (working in batches if necessary) until charred, 2 minutes per side. Set aside..
- Place bun buttered side down in skillet and top with 1/2 cup cheddar. Top with a hot dog and sprinkle with a little more cheddar and green onions..
- Cover with a lid and let cheese melt, then use a spatula to close the bun..
- Repeat with remaining buns and dogs..
The Grilled Cheese Dog is one of those mashups we really wished we had thought of sooner. Think about it: Melty cheddar, green onions, seared hot dog, on a buttered hot dog bun. Butter one side of each slice of bread with butter. Place bread butter side-down on a clean working surface. Top with a pinch of cheddar, then place a hot dog diagonally in.