Indonesian Crispy Coriander Fried Chicken. Indonesian Crispy Coriander Fried Chicken jenscookingdiary Pasadena, California. This Indonesian fried chicken is smashed to make it it softer before being served. The dish is often served with sambal belacan (look out for our recipe to be uploaded tomorrow – Sunday, cucumber.
This Malaysian style crispy spiced fried chicken Ayam goreng is an Indonesian and Malaysian dish consisting of chicken deep fried in oil. Indonesian fried chicken is first marinated and then simmered in a flavorful mixture of spices and herbs. Only then is it fried to golden, crispy perfection. You can cook Indonesian Crispy Coriander Fried Chicken using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Indonesian Crispy Coriander Fried Chicken
- It’s 4 pcs of chicken legs, cut each leg into 4 pieces.
- It’s 500 ml of vegetables oil for deep frying.
- It’s of Ground spices:.
- You need 5 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 2 inches of turmeric, peeled, grilled on a pan for a while.
- You need 2 tsp of coriander.
- Prepare 2 tsp of salt or to taste.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of white pepper peppercorns.
- Prepare 500 ml of water/coconut water.
There are countless variations to the basic recipe. Ayam goreng kuning, tinted a rich yellow (kuning) with turmeric, is one of the most popular. Indonesian fried chicken usually do not have crispy battered skins like the western ones (read KFC, lol). But we do have a knack for making kremes (crispy spiced flakes) by mixing the cooking liquid with flour and fry this batter in hot oil to produce fluffy crispy spiced flakes, lovingly called kremes, literally means crunchy in Indonesian.
Indonesian Crispy Coriander Fried Chicken step by step
- Boil chicken with ground spices until the chicken cooked. Remove from the heat..
- Set aside. Let the chicken cool down then deep fry the chicken until golden brown..
- Serve over warm white rice and Indonesian tomato shrimp paste chilli sauce. Yum 😋.
Be warned that it kinda splatter a bit when you pour. Grilled or stir-fried chicken served with a spicy-sweet Rujak sauce. Ayam cincane Kalimantan Chicken dish Grilled chicken with spices. Ayam geprek: Javanese Chicken dish (fried chicken) Crispy battered fried chicken crushed and mixed with hot and spicy sambal. Fry the chicken only when the oil is already very hot.