Asian Green Curry. It's called Gang Kiew Wan in Thai language, one of the best Thai recipes. The curry is green in color, spicy, aromatic, sweet and savory at the same time. Thai green curry is so delicious, specially when served with steaming white jasmine rice.
With a sauce this good, you can put anything in it – and it will taste amazing! Very nice curry, we used medium curry powder and it was a little raw for my husband so will make next time with mild. Can see why a previous commenter added pineapple, we added water chestnuts which gave it an appreciable crunch. You can cook Asian Green Curry using 19 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Asian Green Curry
- Prepare of Use local ingredients.
- Prepare 1 head of Garlic.
- It’s 8 of chicken breasts.
- You need 1 of Adobo with pepper.
- It’s 3 can of Coconut milk.
- You need 2 tbsp of Peanut oil.
- You need 18 of Serranos.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Sugar.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Soy sauce.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of ground ginger.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Lime juice.
- You need 1 packages of Cilantro.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Garlic powder.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 4 1/2 cup of Water.
- You need 2 tbsp of Corn Starch.
- It’s 2 cup of Long grain rice.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Sweet cooking Rice seasoning.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Vegetable oil.
Would definitely make again, maybe adding a little more sugar (brown). Make this savory chicken dish with Thai green curry paste, available in Asian markets, for a fast weeknight dinner. Tender boneless, skinless chicken pieces simmer in a sauce flavored with coconut milk, ginger, green onions, fish sauce, and soy sauce. Thai green curry: home-cooked vs. street food.
Asian Green Curry instructions
- Mince garlic.
- Cube and remove fat.
- Season chicken with Adobo with pepper..
- Pour minced garlic in giant pan with peanut oil..
- After garlic cooks through (about 30 secs) at high heat, reduce to medium heat, and then add seasoned diced chicken..
- Put 1 can of coconut milk in blender. Add in 14 diced serranos, 2 tbsps of sugar and 1/2 cup of soy sauce. Blend. Pour contents in giant bowl..
- Pour 1 can of coconut milk in blender. Add lime juice, 3 tbsps of ginger, and coconut milk. Blend. Pour contents in giant bowl and mix them..
- Pour contents of giant bowl into giant pan of cooking chicken..
- Pick stems off cilantro until you finish the package. Clean cilantro. Should be about 1 cup of cilantro..
- Put cilantro in blender. Add a cup of soy sauce. Add 1 tbsp of ginger. Blend..
- Add garlic powder and cilantro blend to chicken. Pour salt into cooking pan..
- Pour 1/2 cup of water into blender and swish. Add quarter teaspoon of ginger. Add 2 tbsp of corn starch. Blend. Add into pan slowly and stir. Lower heat to simmer..
- Clean 4 serranos and cut into thinner slices. Add into cooking pan and mix well. Keep lid ajar. The chicken should have been cooking for 45 mins already..
- You want it to cook for half an hr longer so start rice. 4 cups of water to boil. Add 2 tbsp of vegetable oil. Add salt to taste..
- Pour 2 cups of rice into boiling pot. Add rice vinegar as well. Reduce heat to low. Cook for 20 mins covered. Stir occasionally until it starts to soften..
- Put rice into small bowl. Pack it a little and then flip bowl into a large plate. It will make the rice into a mound. Pour chicken curry around it. Garish rice with a few cilantro leaves..
Thai green curry is a type of Thai curry that was never really my favorite to eat in Bangkok. That's because when you order green curry (แกงเขียวหวาน gaeng keow wan) on the streets, it can sometimes (not always) be watery, overly sweet, and even bland (there are many exceptions no doubt, but I'm talking in general). Now immediately add the blended green yogurt mixture to the saucepan. Make sure, before taking the curry off the stove, that the chicken is tender and has cooked all the way through. The chicken curry recipe prep is a breeze, and the final effect is deeply rewarding: a rich, not-too-spicy, yet-oh-so-flavorful thick coconut sauce that's brimming with ginger, garlic, and authentic Thai chicken curry flavor.