Whipped Feta Crostini. To assemble the crostini, spread each slice of bread with a generous amount of whipped feta. With a slotted spoon, place the tomatoes on top. Put the crostini on plates and scatter with the pine nuts.
Have you ever tried something that was so mind-blowingly incredible that it changes your life forever? Spread the whipped feta mixture generously on top of the baguette slices. Top with the tomato mixture and serve. You can cook Whipped Feta Crostini using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Whipped Feta Crostini
- Prepare 1 of baguette, cut into 1 inch wide slices.
- Prepare 6 oz of feta cheese.
- Prepare 3 oz of cream cheese, at room temp.
- It’s 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- You need 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of lime juice.
- You need 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, cut in half.
- It’s 1 tsp of pepper and salt.
- It’s 1 of shallot, minced.
- You need 1 of garlic clove, minced.
- It’s of pine nuts, toasted.
- You need of fresh basil for garnish.
Tip: The whipped feta can be made a day or two ahead. The crostini can be made ahead. Whipped feta crostini is your New Year's Eve BFF. A delightful combination of crispy French bread and creamy feta cheese, whipped feta crostini takes literally five minutes to prepare and is endlessly adaptable.
Whipped Feta Crostini instructions
- Set oven to broil. place sliced baguette on a cookie sheet, drizzle with a bit of olive oil. Cook 5 min.
- In a food processor or blender, add feta, cream cheese, lime juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix until smooth.
- In a bowl, mix together tomatoes, balsamic, garlic and shallots.
- To serve, spread the feta mixture on baguette, top with a few tomatoes (I use a slotted spoon so I don't get the vinegar, but a few pieces of garlic and shallot).
- Then add a few pine nuts and fresh basil to the top..
- Fun little appetizers. Cheers!.
The saltiness of the whipped feta tastes fabulous against the olive oil-brushed and toasted baguette pieces. While crostinis are baking, prepare the whipped avocado feta. Add avocado slices, feta, lime juice and cilantro to a food processor and process until smooth and creamy. If necessary, add a tablespoon of water to thin out the batter. Mixed Olive and Whipped Feta Crostini – An incredibly easy appetizer that will wow your party guests!