Sour cream and blueberry coffee cake. All Reviews for Blueberry Sour Cream Coffee Cake. The only coffee-cake aspect of the recipe is the name. To avoid cake collapse, the wet ingredients (excluding the sour cream) need to be whipped as long as possible, then the sour cream and dry ingredients should be folded in gently by hand.
This kosher recipe for blueberry sour cream coffee cake features a sour cream batter, a ribbon of blueberries, and a cinnamon crumb topping. On the Holiday Table: If you're looking for an alternative to cheesecake on Shavuot, this is a great fit—especially if you use fresh summer berries. Sour Cream and Blueberry Coffee Cake. You can cook Sour cream and blueberry coffee cake using 12 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sour cream and blueberry coffee cake
- You need 2/3 of plus 1 3/4 cups sugar.
- You need 2/3 cup of walnuts.
- It’s 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 3 3/4 cup of flour.
- It’s 2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 3/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of butter, softened.
- Prepare 3 large of eggs.
- You need 2 tsp of vanilla.
- It’s 1 of 16 oz container sour cream.
- It’s 1 cup of blueberries.
To make the sour cream topping, whisk together the sour cream and granulated sugar. Are you ready for the moistest, dense and rich Blueberry Sour Cream Coffee Cake with a cinnamon brown sugar filling? Another sign that I'm a foodie is that I had everything I needed to make this delicious Blueberry Sour Cream Coffee Cake without going to the store. This blueberry coffee cake starts with a box mix, but with the addition of sour cream and a homemade streusel, it takes an ordinary muffin mix and transforms it into a drool worthy coffee cake!
Sour cream and blueberry coffee cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour 9 to 10 inch tube pan. In a small bowl, combine 2/3 cup sugar, walnuts and cinnamon. In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In large bowl, mix at low speed, beat butter and 1 3/4 cups sugar until blended increase to high speed and beat until light and fluffy, about 2 mins. Reduce to low, add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each egg and add vanilla. Alternately add flour mixture and sour cream, starting and ending with flour mixture, beat until smooth. Spoon 1/3 of batter into pan. Sprinkle with half of nut mixture, then top with remaining batter and sprinkle with the rest of nut mixture. Bake until toothpick comes out clean, about 1 hour 20 minutes. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes. Run thin knife around cake to loosen from sides of pan. Invert cake onto plate. Turn cake, nut mixture side up and cool completely. Enjoy!.
This is a family favorite my mom has made as long as I can remember. Blueberry-Apple Sour Cream Coffee CakeQueen of My Kitchen. Blueberry Sour Cream Coffee CakeChocolate Covered Katie. Add the butter and remaining sour cream and blend on low until ingredients are moistened. Sprinkle with half of sugar streusel.