Sweet n Sour Pickled Eggs.
You can cook Sweet n Sour Pickled Eggs using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sweet n Sour Pickled Eggs
- You need of ingredients.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of prepared mustard.
- It’s 2 cup of white vinegar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of pickling salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of celery seed.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of mustard seed.
- It’s 6 of whole cloves.
- You need 2 of onions, sliced.
- Prepare 12 of hard boiled eggs, peeled.
Sweet n Sour Pickled Eggs instructions
- Mix all ingredients in a medium sized pot (that can hold 2.5 cups liquid) EXCEPT FOR ONIONS AND EGGS!.
- Bring brine up to a boil, then lower to a simmer for 10 minutes. ** WATCH CAREFULLY BECAUSE I TOOK MY EYES OFF FOR A MINUTE, AND IT STARTED TO BOIL OVER!**.
- Place eggs and sliced onions in a sterilized pickling mason jar..
- Carefully pour brine over eggs and onions in jar. Fill to the top, and close. Place in the refrigerator after it's cooled down a bit..
- These will keep for 3 weeks if refrigerated after opening. Very yummy! Eat them as is or I like to add them to chicken, tuna, and potato salads! Or turn them into sweet n sour deviled eggs! Be creative!.