Best sour cream pound cake. Because I'm our town's postmaster, I can bake only in my spare time. When I do, I especially like this sour cream cake recipe. This one tastes great as is, or tucked under ice cream and chocolate syrup like a hot fudge sundae!
Add the sour cream and mix until incorporated. Sift the baking soda and flour together. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. You can cook Best sour cream pound cake using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Best sour cream pound cake
- You need 3 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 3 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 5 of large eggs.
- You need 1 cup of melted butter.
- It’s 1 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/4 cup of shortening.
This sour cream pound cake is one of the best holiday cakes you'll ever taste! This pound cake is velvety, buttery, rich and perfectly creamy filled with the moistness and flavor of sour cream. This generational recipe will become a true classic in your family for years to come. You will not be sorry if you make this one.
Best sour cream pound cake step by step
- Sift dry ingredients into a large bowl..
- Add remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly..
- Place batter in a Bundt pan and place in a cold oven..
- Turn oven on 325° and allow to cook at least one hour prior to opening oven..
- Total cook time is one hour and fifteen minutes to one hour and thirty minutes.
Please try it and rate it. I feel confident you will like it! I have NEVER tasted a poundcake as light and delicious as this one. This recipe is from a lady in a rural town in Alabama. Butter – Unsalted sweet cream butter works best here.