Sweet & Sour Chicken w/Rice. Hide content and notifications from this user. Their best known line-up consisted of lead vocalist Brian Connolly. Their best known line-up consisted of lead vocalist Brian Connolly, bass player Steve Priest, guitarist.
You can have Sweet & Sour Chicken w/Rice using 23 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sweet & Sour Chicken w/Rice
- Prepare 1 packages of Bonless chicken breasts or tenders.
- You need 2 tsp of Black pepper.
- You need 3 tsp of Garlic powder.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- It’s 6 cup of boiling water.
- Prepare cup of pineapple juice.
- It’s of Sweet & Sour sauce.
- You need 8 tbsp of Cornstarch.
- Prepare 8 tbsp of Water.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Apple Cider Vinegar.
- You need 1 can of Diced Pineapples.
- It’s 1 each of Green Bell pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 of Red Bell pepper.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of Brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Lemon juice.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Lime juice.
- It’s 1/2 of onion, chopped.
- It’s of Rice.
- Prepare 3 cup of Rice.
- Prepare 6 cup of Boiling Water.
- You need of if needed.
- It’s of brown sugar.
Sweet & Sour Chicken w/Rice instructions
- Take Frozen chicken and place in bowl of cold water, fill to an inch above them at top of bowl.. let sit for 15 minutes while you prepare sauce.
- Combine in a separate bowl: Corn starch, water, pineapple chucks (drain pineapple juice into cup, for later), lime, lemon, red bell pepper and green bell peppers chopped up, Chopped yellow onion, vinegar and brown sugar. Mix all ingredients together into a liquid mix, let set aside while you go back to prepare chicken.
- Take the bowl of chicken and drain the water out. Lay pieces of chicken (semi frozen still ) in skillet, Brown for about 10 minutes. Take chicken out of skillet, cut up, then put back in skillet for 30 minutes to finish cooking thoroughly. Now add Garlic, and pepper.. while chicken cooks…add bowl of sauce mixture in after 15 minutes…
- Back to the Sauce, while chicken is continuing to cook alone, after 15 minutes of chicken cooking on Medium heat, add all the Sauce ingredients from the bowl. Continue to cook on medium heat for the remainder 15 minutes with chicken, so sauce begins to glaze. After 15 minutes on medium heat, lower heat to Low to stand for 10 minutes. Sauce will glaze, remember to stir so it doesn't burn or clump.
- Boil 6 cups of water, add 3 cups of Rice. Cook on medium / high heat for 15 minutes, mix rice off and on so sticking doesn't start. Add water if needed, but let stand another 15 on low/ medium heat….
- Chicken and sauce should be mixed perfectly now and done. The sweet and sour sauce should be glazed, add the remainder of pineapple juice from can. Stir for 3 minutes on Low heat, then turn burner off. Let stand. Add salt and if you need it a little sweeter add another tablespoon or two of brown sugar.
- Serve rice on plate and sweet & Sour Chicken on the side or ontop. I hope you enjoy !.