Baked Bechamel Pasta. Pasta lovers, may I present to you, the Egyptian version of Pastitsio. One of life's true pleasures, a comfort food that only pasta lovers will appreciate. Layers of pasta and – a little tangy – ground beef stacked together then topped with thick, brown and bubbly bechamel sauce that is not runny but not dry too. what else can you look for?!!.
There are many Italian baked pasta, or pasta al forno, recipes, the most common in the U. S. being lasagna and baked ziti. This particular dish is a bit reminiscent of baked ziti, though meatier and creamier. You can have Baked Bechamel Pasta using 24 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Baked Bechamel Pasta
- Prepare of For mince:.
- You need 2 1/2 cups of Beef/Chicken Mince.
- You need 1 cup of chopped onion.
- You need 4 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 4 tbs of oil (i used sunflower oil).
- It’s 1 cup of chopped tomato.
- It’s 1 tbs of garam masala.
- It’s 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s 1 tbs of cumin powder.
- Prepare 1 of chicken stock (if using stock, don't add salt until required).
- Prepare 4 tbs of tomato paste (packet/tin).
- Prepare of For pasta:.
- You need 6 cups of pasta (you can also use spaghetti).
- You need of Salt (as per requirement).
- It’s 1 tsp of oil.
- It’s of Water for boil.
- You need of For Bechamel sauce:.
- It’s 1 of full packet of bechamel powder (i used knorr brand).
- You need 6 cups of full cream milk.
- It’s 2 tsp of Crushed pepper corns.
- It’s of Salt (if required).
- Prepare of Mozzarella cheese for topping.
- It’s of Oregano to sprinkle on top.
Although this baked penne pasta recipe is traditionally considered a primo, it is hearty enough to stand as a meal on its own, perhaps accompanied by a green salad and some warm crusty bread. The Best Baked Pasta With White Sauce Recipes on Yummly Also add salt and pepper to the sauce. The key to pulling off Giada's decadent baked pasta dish is all in the bechamel sauce — a creamy mixture of butter, flour and whole milk that makes the perfect.
Baked Bechamel Pasta instructions
- Take a pot and add water. Let it heat for few minutes. When you see the water almost starts boiling, add the cups pasta and then add salt and oil. Keep checking the pasta to avoid over boil..
- For Mince: After setting the pasta to boil on one side, take another pot and add oil, add onions and saute till onion becomes transparent and then add chopped garlic (4 cloves) and tomatoes..
- Let it cook for sometime and once you see tomatoes release water and is getting cooked, add mince (Beef/Chicken) and cook till mince changes its colour..
- Lower the flame and add chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and cumin powder. Mix well..
- Add chicken stock or salt. Make sure you check the saltiness and then adjust it as per requirement. Close the lid and cook for 8 mins..
- Add tomato paste and black pepper. Mix well and let it cook for another 6 – 7 mins..
- For Bechamel sauce: Once pasta is boiled and mince mixture is made. The last step is to make the Bechamel sauce..
- Take a pot and add milk. Let the milk turn warm and add the Bechamel powder and usually there will be pieces of powder collected and i would prefer you to take wooden spoon to mix the milk and Bechamel powder. If you have whisk, that would be amazing option instead of wooden spoon..
- Keep mixing the milk and Bechamel powder and in between add pepper corns powder. If required add salt..
- Keep mixing the sauce and slowly as the sauce heats up the thicker it gets. Once done, off the flame..
- Now for making the proper Bechamel pasta, take wide glass bowl (Make sure its safe to put in oven) or a baking tray..
- Firstly spread 4 tbs of Bechamel sauce on the glass bowl or tray..
- Then add half pasta on the top of sauce which was mentioned in above step. And add half of the Bechamel sauce on top of pasta..
- Then add full mince mixture on top of half pasta..
- Later add the rest pasta on top of mice mixture. And add the rest Bechamel sauce..
- Lastly, add mozzarella cheese on top as per preference. And sprinkle oregano on top of mozzarella chesse..
- Put in the oven for 120 degree for 25 mins (in some ovens temperature varies, so be careful). Add check every 15 mins to make sure the mozzarella cheese doesn't completely burn. Once the cheese turns golden brown, Remove it from over and let it cool a little. And serve..
Melt butter and margarine in a saucepan over medium-low heat; stir in flour and bouillon until roux is well blended. Recipe Authentic Greek Pastitsio – Baked Pasta & Meat – Topped with Bechamel Sauce and Cheese. This Italian Baked Pasta Recipe will become one of your family favourites. Pick your favourite pasta, toss with an easy homemade meat sauce, add some fresh mozzarella cheese, grated parmesan and a little white sauce, then bake this easy baked pasta dish! White sauce pasta is a delicious dish made of pasta, butter, milk, cheese & herbs.