You can have Greek Salad using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Greek Salad
- You need 6-8 of Roma tomatoes.
- It’s 1 of red onion.
- It’s 1 of green bell pepper, cored.
- It’s 1-2 of cucumbers.
- It’s of Greek pitted Kalamata olives.
- You need 4 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 1-2 tbsp of red wine vinegar.
- You need of Greek feta cheese (crumble).
- You need 1/2 tbsp of dried oregano.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s of Serve with crusty bread!.
Greek Salad instructions
- Cut the tomatoes into wedges or large chunks.
- Cut the partially peeled cucumber in half length-wise, then slice into thick halves (at least 1/2″ in thickness).
- Thinly slice the bell pepper into rings..
- Cut the red onion in half and thinly slice into half moons..
- Place everything in a large salad dish. Add a good handful of the pitted kalamata olives..
- Season very lightly with salt (just a pinch). Pour the olive oil and red wine vinegar..
- Give everything a very gentle toss to mix; do NOT over mix, this salad is not meant to be handled too much..
- Now add the the feta on top. Sprinkle the dried oregano on top..
- Serve with crusty bread!.
- I like to refrigerate mine to 1 or 2 hours before serving but you don’t have too..
- Notes- you can use any Tomatoes that you like as many or as little, that goes for everything in this recipe. You can use different colors bell peppers or sweet peppers… I think the more Olive oil you use the better and a slash of vinegar… I know I use way more olive oil than the recipe calls for.. I make everything to taste with this recipe… if you don’t like an ingredient use less of it or not at all. The best part about this salad is you can make a lot of it or just one severing….