Kidra: Palestinian Lamb With Rice. Qidra or Kidra is a traditional Palestinian dish, it is cooked all through the Palestinian regions and families in the Middle East. Musakhan – Large taboon bread topped with sumac, and onions. While white rice is most commonly used, you can use brown long-grain rice (brown basmati works well).
Falafel, sfiha, tabouli, hummus and baba ghanoush are ubiquitous. Some of the dishes most popular with the Palestinian people include musakhan, maqluba and rice-stuffed chicken called djej mahshi. Meat for kabsa can be cooked in various ways. You can have Kidra: Palestinian Lamb With Rice using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Kidra: Palestinian Lamb With Rice
- You need 2 kg of lamb, cut into medium pieces.
- It’s 2 kg of rice.
- It’s 1 cup of chickpeas, cooked.
- Prepare 20 cloves of garlic, not peeled.
- Prepare 10 of ground cardamom, pods.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of turmeric.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s of A equipment needed: clay pot that can take high heat and fits in the oven.
Maqloubeh is a humble, distinctly Palestinian dish of layered meat, rice and vegetables all spiced with the signature baharat, which includes cinnamon, cardamom, cloves and nutmeg. My favorite combination is chicken and eggplant, but it's also common to use carrots, cauliflower or lamb. it can very easily be made vegetarian by substituting the meat for an additional round of veggies (ie. Fayzeh, a Palestinian chef and caterer, invited me to her home to learn how she makes her delicious mansaf for her family and for mine. This is just the first in a series cooking with Fayzeh, who.
Kidra: Palestinian Lamb With Rice step by step
- Place the meat, turmeric, black pepper, salt and 6 cups of water in the clay pot. Cover and bake in the oven for 1 hour. Remove from oven..
- Add in the rice but make sure that there is enough broth; you should have approximately around 5 cups of liquid. If there is not enough broth,add the remaining amount of water..
- Mix in the chick peas and stir well. Cover the clay pot and bake again in the oven for 45 minutes, until the rice is tender..
- Remove the clay pot from the oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes..
- To serve, transfer pot content to a large serving dish..
Shish barak is essentially lamb dumplings in coriander, garlic and yoghurt sauce and can be part. At the end, swiftly invert the maghluba onto a serving platter, potatoes. Always check the publication for a full list of ingredients. An Eat Your Books index lists the main ingredients and does not include 'store-cupboard ingredients' (salt, pepper, oil, flour, etc.) – unless called for in significant quantity. Pour in chicken broth and salt.