Sweet sour crispy pork. Sweet and sour pork is definitely one of my favorite dishes. I like my pork super crispy in sweet and sour pork so I make the sauce slightly thicker so that thickness coats the pork but doesn't make it soggy. A thinner sauce tends to make the crispy batter soggier, quicker.
Leftover pork roast or some thick, cooked pork chops are the basis for this. Sweet and sour pork is a classic Cantonese dish and it is one of the most well known Chinese recipe in the world. The ideal combination of crispy and crunchy pork cubes coated in a flavoursome sweet and sour sauce has made this dish ever so popular in restaurants as well as at home. You can cook Sweet sour crispy pork using 20 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sweet sour crispy pork
- Prepare of sauce.
- It’s of ginger.
- It’s 3 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 2 cup of tomato paste.
- It’s 1 piece of garlic.
- Prepare 1 of pineapple.
- It’s 2 tbsp of chilli / hot sauce.
- You need 2 of carrots.
- You need 2 tbsp of oyster sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1 of yellow pepper.
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- You need 2 tbsp of vinegar or white wine vinegar.
- You need 1 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare of water.
- You need of ingredients.
- You need of all-purpose flour.
- You need 3/4 kg of pork, chop dice.
- You need of oil.
How to Cook Crispy Sweet and Sour Pork This is a classic Cantonese dish. The ideal combination of crispy and crunchy pork cubes coated in a flavoursome sweet and sour sauce made this dish ever so popular in restaurants as well as at home. What is Sweet and Sour Pork? Sweet and Sour Pork is an iconic Chinese recipe and classic Cantonese dish.
Sweet sour crispy pork step by step
- Add all purpose flour, mix with salt and pepper to chopped pork. Rest for 10 minutes then fried in hot oil. Set aside..
- Chop carrot to thin circle then boil about 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Put in all ingredients sauce. Add water as needed. Cook them for 3 minutes then put yellow pepper and pineapple. Cook again for another 3 minutes. Then put in carrot and cook again for 5 minutes..
- Pour the sauce into a big plate then put then crispy pork upon the sauce. Ready to serve ;).
Called "咕嚕肉" or "goo lou yok" in Cantonese dialect, this recipe is very pleasing to the palate because of the flavorsome sweet and sour sauce—the sweetness from sugar plus the tangy ketchup and sharp rice vinegar—with the crispy fried pork pieces. Mix in the egg white and green onions. Crispy Sweet and Sour Pork is an easy classic Chinese recipe that always looks more intimidating than it is. With an easy batter and quick sauce, this recipe is delicious and crispy. One of the most frustrating things about ordering Chinese food from your local takeout place is the steam factor.