Grilled Turkey (Gas Grill). When grilling a turkey on a gas grill you will want to use wood chips. You can put the wood chips in a smoker box or in a built in smoker box if your grill has one. There's more than one way to cook a turkey.
Did we mention that it is also fairly simple? Follow these steps to grill a whole turkey. Gas Grill: Start with a clean grill rack, bottom tray and a disposable drip pan. You can have Grilled Turkey (Gas Grill) using 17 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Grilled Turkey (Gas Grill)
- Prepare 12-18 lbs of Turkey, completely thawed.
- It’s 6 of Clémentines.
- You need 32 of +/-Whole Cloves.
- It’s 6-8 of Whole Garlic Cloves.
- It’s 1-2 Bunches of Fresh Sage.
- Prepare 1-2 Tbl of Ground Clove.
- Prepare 1-2 Tbl of Ground Sage.
- It’s 1 Tbl of Garlic Powder.
- It’s 1 Tbl of Kosher Salt.
- Prepare 1 Tbl of Coarse Black Pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 of – liter of 100% Orange Juice.
- Prepare 1/2 of – liter of Water.
- Prepare of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Prepare of Cooking String.
- You need 1 of V-type Roasting Rack.
- You need 1 of Aluminium Roasting Pan.
- It’s of Instant Read Thermometer.
Cook a whole turkey with indirect cooking. To cook using the indirect heat, turn off the burners directly under the turkey. Turn the burners on the side away from the turkey to medium-low. If you love turkey but prefer to eat just the white meat, then grilling a turkey breast is a great option to avoid the mess of preparing a whole bird in the oven.
Grilled Turkey (Gas Grill) instructions
- Rinse and prepare turkey, pat dry inside and out, then season cavity with salt and pepper (I will place gizzards, heart, liver, and neck into sauce pan seasoned with salt and pepper covered in water to boil to use later for gravy) OH, and be sure that your bird will fit under the grill cover when closed!!!.
- Rinse and pat dry fresh sage, tie into a bouquet with cooking string, place inside of Turkey.
- Rinse 2-3 clementines, pat dry, then poke exterior of fruit with cloves. Place these inside of Turkey.
- Peel whole garlic cloves, then place inside of Turkey.
- Tie off legs and tail nice and tight to keep ingredients from falling out and set aside.
- Peel 2-3 clementines and grind the peelings fine in food processor. Place into mixing bowl along with ground sage, ground cloves, garlic powder, salt & pepper. Mix and stir in Extra Virgin Olive Oil to create a paste..
- Rub seasoning paste all over the exterior of the Turkey, every nook and cranny covered. Tie off wings. Place on “V-rack”, breast side down inside of aluminum drip-pan to catch drippings, set aside…BUT if you have a rotisserie, that much better!!!.
- Prepare gas grill. Turn on outside burners only, you want to use indirect heat. Heat to 350f for about 10-15min before grilling. Be sure you have a full propane tank, nothing worse than running out of propane half way through, yep been there….
- Place Turkey on grates, pour orange juice and water into drip-pan. Close grill cover.
- Grill turkey for about 12min per pound of Turkey. Carefully flip your Turkey half way through the cooking time. The completed temperature should read 165f. Try not to open cover until half the cooking time has lapsed when you will need to flip bird..
- Bring your turkey inside, tent a loose piece of aluminum foil on top of turkey and let rest for 20min before carving…..
Cooking turkey on a gas grill seals in the juices and creates a crisp, browned skin that's difficult to achieve in the oven without overcooking the breast itself. Gas grilling is a fun and easy way to get the grilled taste you're craving. Just follow these simple instructions: Before turning on grill, lift grate and place drip pan directly on flavorizer bars, ceramic briquettes or lava rocks. Prepare grill for indirect heat cooking according to owner's guide. I Googled "How long to bake a turkey in a gas grill" and your site came up.