Chinese Croquettes. We would like to show you a description here but the site won't allow us. Japanese Potato Croquettes, or "Korokke" as they are called in Japanese, is a delicious fried food made from panko-crumbed mashed potato with carrot, onion, and mince. In Japan, these are tasty street food but are also one of those Japanese home-style dishes that can easily be made from scratch.
The best part is you can make the dough ahead of time and freeze it. The word croquette derives from the French word croquer, meaning 'to crunch' – which gives a good indication of what characteristics a good croquette should have. Croquettes are often cylindrical in shape (though they can also be flat and round) and feature a mushy centre enclosed in a crispy breadcrumb or sesame seed casing. You can have Chinese Croquettes using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chinese Croquettes
- Prepare 250 gms of Mutton mince.
- It’s 2 of Capsicum.
- You need 1 packet of Noodles /maggi.
- It’s 1 cup of Oats.
- Prepare 2 of tomatoes.
- You need 1 of Onion.
- You need 3 of green chillies.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Red chilli powder.
- Prepare as per taste of Salt.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Chaat masala.
- You need as required of Oil for frying.
- You need 3 tablespoons of gram flour.
These are great for OAMC too. The croquettes freeze well, then just pop them in the microwave for a quick meal or snack. Cone shape is traditional for croquettes, but I have made patty shaped ones that are just as wonderful. Try adding some chopped mushrooms too.
Chinese Croquettes instructions
- Chopped onion, capsicum, green chilli and tomatoes..
- Boil noodles..
- In a bowl add mince meat.
- Now add boiled noodles, capsicum, tomatoes, onion and green chillies..
- Now add gram flour, salt, red chilli, chat masala..
- Now mix it well..
- Grease your palm with oil and make a cylindrical shape cutlets..
- Now Coat in oats..
- Make all like this and keep aside for 10 minutes..
- Heat oil in a wok and deep fry all the Croquettes..
- Remove from oil when it's turn brown in colour..
- It's ready to serve, serve with sauce..
Crunchy outside, fluffy and a little bit sweet inside. Korokke (コロッケ, potato and ground meat croquette) is one of the very popular Japanese home cooking dishes. Have it with tonkatsu sauce (sweet Worcestershire sauce). Korokke (コロッケ, potato and ground meat croquette) is somewhat different from any other croquette. Nothing is so satisfying than taking a big bite into a freshly.