Spicy and sweet hummus. Meet my new favorite snack, spicy sweet potato hummus! It's brilliant orange and bursting with flavor, both savory and sweet. I've been eating it with everything: pita wedges, bite-sized vegetables, toasted bagels and quesadillas.
Well besides eating straight up sour cream on pretty much anything…even a When I saw this recipe for Spicy Sweet Potato Hummus, I immediately tossed a couple of sweet potatoes in the oven. I knew I was going to. This sweet and spicy hummus mimics the texture you love while removing antinutrient-ridden legumes. You can cook Spicy and sweet hummus using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spicy and sweet hummus
- It’s 2 cans of garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic peeled and roughly chopped.
- You need 2 tbsp of dark brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 of lemons juiced and zested.
- Prepare of save half the zest for garnish.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of sesame oil.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s 1/3 cup of sriracha.
- It’s to taste of kosher salt.
Sweet potatoes and roasted red peppers Tahini, or sesame seed butter, joins lemon juice to provide familiar hummus flavor. Enjoy this with veggies, spread on a sandwich or even pair with. One thing that makes thus hummus unique is that it does not use tahini (a sesame paste similar to peanut butter found in traditional hummuses). A touch of honey and plenty of Sriracha hot sauce gives this healthy, nutrient packed sriracha carrot hummus a delicious sweet and spicy kick!
Spicy and sweet hummus step by step
- Put everything into blender, puree until smooth.
- Adjust to your taste, I added more sriracha.
- Drizzle sesame oil, sriracha, brown sugar, lemon zest on top.
- I used stacy's naked pita chips for dipping.
- Add more water if too thick..
- Patron on the rocks with lemon zest, awesome, enjoy.
SPICES: For this Spicy Hummus I used a combination of spices which are smoked paprika, crushed red pepper, cumin and coriander. I love these spiced chicken and tomato kebabs. They are slightly smoky and sweet! I also just love a good roasted chick pea… I know that isn't inherently Middle. Spicy Sweet Potato Hummus recipe: Author: Cookie and Kate Vegan hummus that's bursting with flavor, both sweet and spicy.