Texas Cowboy Salad. If you're familiar with our cowboy caviar or cowboy pasta salad, you should be pretty excited to see this cowboy salad. Similar to the pasta variety (just without the noodles) this is a hearty salad that's jam-packed with both nutrients and flavor. Yes, romaine lettuce is the base, but this isn't one of those salads that's mostly leafy.
You can also serve it like a salsa or Pico de Gallo! Add some vegetable oil to the bacon skillet and fry the. This Cowboy Caviar salsa is wonderfully fresh, healthy, simple and loaded! You can cook Texas Cowboy Salad using 14 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Texas Cowboy Salad
- Prepare 1 of diced barbecue boneless chicken thigh (see my Barbecue Boneless Chicken Thighs).
- You need of tri-color coleslaw.
- You need of iceberg lettuce.
- Prepare 1 of medium size sweet tomato diced.
- You need 1 of avocado sliced.
- Prepare strips of tortilla (I used Santa Fe flavor).
- Prepare of your favorite cheese (I used Velvetta original).
- You need 1 slice of bacon diced.
- Prepare of Chunky Blue Cheese Salad Dressing.
- Prepare of Your favorite barbecue sauce (I use Head County).
- You need 1-2 tbsp of sweet corn.
- You need 1-2 tbsp of black beans.
- It’s to taste of salt.
- Prepare to taste of pepper.
We make this salsa all summer long. It makes a big batch so it is an ideal summer party dip. A surprising ingredient infuses every bite with incredible flavor. This is FULL of great veggies!
Texas Cowboy Salad step by step
- Heat the chicken in microwave with a little barbecue sauce drizzled on it. On a large plate mix all ingredients. Place the chicken on top and drizzle some barbecue sauce and blue cheese salad dressing across. Enjoy!.
This is the first rice salad I've shared here on RecipeTin Eats. So I wanted to start off with a bang – and this Cowboy Rice Salad is a ripper! It's a rice salad version of Cowboy Caviar, a Midwestern salsa/salad made famous by my friend Meggan from Culinary Hill ( <— bookmark for all things Midwestern!!). Cowboy Caviar is one recipe everyone raves about!. This Cowboy Caviar makes a great side dish for any picnic, potluck, or party, and is a great way to use up your summer produce!