Baked fish with tahini sauce – tagine samak bi tahini. It is called Samak Bi Tahini in Arabic and is a local favorite in many Middle Eastern regions. Fish with tahini is easy and perfect for the seafood lover! It is called samak bi tahini in Arabic and is a In a medium bowl, combine tahini, olive oil, and water.
Like, comment, subscribe, and remember to turn on the notifications (little bell next to red. Here, the sweetness of the caramelized onion offsets the slight bitterness of the tahini-based sauce. Make Ahead: The sauce can be made and refrigerated a day in advance; you might need to thin it with a little water. You can have Baked fish with tahini sauce – tagine samak bi tahini using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Baked fish with tahini sauce – tagine samak bi tahini
- Prepare 1 kg of fish fillets, such as Hamour fish.
- It’s 1 of lemon, cut in slices.
- It’s 4 of medium onions, sliced.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of pine nuts, roasted.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of olive oil.
- It’s 6 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare of For the tahini sauce:.
- You need 1 cup of tahini, sesame paste.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- You need 8 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
Roasted Eggplant With Tahini, Pine Nuts, and Lentils Recipe. This dish of eggplant roasted until caramelized and tender, served over stewed lentils with an extraordinarily light and creamy tahini sauce and crunchy pine nuts, was dinner and lunch for more meals than I care to count a couple of. Before serving, decorate with fried pinenuts and dash of red pepper. Classically, tahini dressing is made by mixing it with minced garlic, lemon juice, and water to make a delicious, creamy sauce that is Fish with tahini is a common dish along the coast of Lebanon, and I like to pair it with another very Lebanese recipe: buttery long-grain basmati with caramelized onions.
Baked fish with tahini sauce – tagine samak bi tahini step by step
- Cut a piece of aluminum foil big enough to wrap the fish. Coat it with 2 tablespoons olive oil and put the fish fillets on it..
- Spread the lemon slices over the fillets then pour over the lemon juice and the rest of the olive oil. Add some salt..
- Wrap the aluminum foil around the fillets and put it in an oven tray..
- Cook the fish fillets, in a preheated oven for 10 min. Then turn them on the other side and let them cook for another 10 min..
- Remove tray from oven and let it cool..
- To prepare the tahini sauce, dissolve the tahini paste in 3/4 cup of water so it does not clot when adding the rest of the ingredients. Add the crushed garlic, lemon juice and salt. Mix well till you get a fluid homogenous sauce..
- In a pan, heat the vegetable oil and fry the sliced onions until they become tender. Remove the pan from heat..
- Cut the fish fillets into large pieces and put them in a serving dish. Pour the tahini sauce over the fish and top with the fried onions and roasted pine nuts. Serve at room temperature or cold with pita bread..
- Note: For an easier Tagine recipe, you can replace the fish with 3 tuna cans. In this case, drain the tuna and transfer it into the serving dish. Pour the tahini sauce over and top with the fried onions and pine nuts..
- Note: You can find the recipe 'Tahini sauce' under my profile.
Tahini sauce is popular throughout the Mediterranean and the Middle East. This simple, tangy, and flavor-packed sauce is made by blending rich, nutty tahini paste with citrus (lemon juice or lime juice), fresh garlic, and a little bit of water to aid the consistency. If you like your tahini sauce spicy, add a. Tahini Sauce Recipe Video: Learn to make authentic tahini sauce from sesame paste, lemon, garlic, water and salt. Catch Of The Day: Midddle Eastern Fish and Tahini Sauce.