homemade corn dogs. As a former carney, I LOVE these! The one thing I miss most about being a part of a traveling carnival company is the hand-dipped corn dogs. Followed the recipe exactly, [so I feel entitled to actually review the recipe unlike those people that change the recipe and review their version of the recipe] This is a very good basic recipe for corn dogs.
The recipe tasted like corn dogs, but I was just left with a giant mess on my hands. The batter dripped and stuck to my frier, making these guys impossible to get out. I ended up with corn dogs with half of their breading still on them and the other half stuck to the frier. You can have homemade corn dogs using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of homemade corn dogs
- You need of ingredients.
- You need 1 quart of of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1/2 cup of of flour.
- Prepare 1/4 tbsp of of salt.
- You need 1/8 tbsp of of pepper.
- You need 1/4 cup of of baking powder.
- You need 1 cup of cornmeal.
- It’s 1 cup of of flour.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- You need 16 of sausages.
- Prepare of equipment.
- You need 1 of a deep saucepan.
- Prepare 1 of a food thermometer.
- It’s 1 of a tall glass or mason jar.
- It’s 16 of skewers.
This recipe wasn't worth the trouble to me, I probably won't make them. In a large bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, salt, pepper, white sugar and baking powder. Add milk and egg to the bowl and whisk well. Corn dog batter greatly benefits from sitting for a few minutes before coating the hot dogs.
homemade corn dogs instructions
- Heat the oil in the deep saucepan to 65°C.
- Mix all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and spoon some of it in a tall glass or mason jar.
- Poke a sausage with a skewer and dry the sausages with a paper towel so that the batter will stick.
- Dip the sausages into the batter,shake off the excess batter and refill the glass as you go along.
- Fry the sausages and you will remain with corn dogs.
It will thicken as it sits and then cover the hot dog much better. I recommend making the batter and. Bypass the freezer aisle and whip up a DIY recipe for Easy Homemade Mini Corn Dogs perfect for dipping and dunking! The humble hot dog can be many a wondrous snack, especially when it goes beyond the bun. While Everything Puff Pastry Pigs In a Blanket have been a mealtime game-changer around here, it was time to tackle a DIY spin on a deep-fried delicacy I grew up eating regularly while making.