Sweet and sour fish. Sweet and Sour Fish is a very popular dish in China, and it's almost always served as a whole fish. The dish tends to be quite expensive, as it's usually straight out of a live fish tank and served with a pretty fancy presentation. While I'm working on the recipe for the banquet-style whole sweet and.
It's a perfect dish to serve. Sweet and Sour Fish – Simple and yet it left me satisfied. Please welcome her as a guest writer on Rasa Malaysia with the following serving of sweet and sour fish. You can cook Sweet and sour fish using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sweet and sour fish
- You need of fish.
- You need 3 of fish filits.
- You need 1 cup of flour.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 of salt and peper.
- Prepare of stirfry.
- It’s 1 cup of carrots (Julien style).
- Prepare 1/2 of onion, chopped.
- You need 1/2 of red pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need of Sweet and sour sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of vinegar.
- You need 2 tbsp of tomato sauce.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
Most of my friends do not cook as they find that cooking is a chore rather than an activity they'd enjoy. Sweet and sour fish happens to be my hubby's favourite, so naturally, I often cook this dish. And it helped a lot that hubby has such a discerning taste for sweet and sour anything! He knew exactly what was lacking or that could be improved.
Sweet and sour fish instructions
- Wash and clean the fish. Cut it in to bite sized peices..
- Season the flower in a bowl with salt and pepper. Beat the eggs and season it with salt and peper..
- Preheat the oil..
- Dip the fish in the flower and then the egg mixture. Place it in the hot oil and fry till golden. Set it aside..
- Heat the olive oil in a lage pan. Add the red pepper, onion and carrots. Fry for 5 minutes..
- Add the sweet and sout sauce ingredients and fry fir 5 minutes..
- Add the fish and fry for 5 minutes..
Sometimes, the fish I used wasn't quite right and didn't go well. Who doesn't love fish, fried and tossed in sauce. Come with me…I will give you a piggyback to flavor town. I adapted this recipe from Martin Yan's cooking I was looking for a recipe of sweet and sour sauce without use of pineapples I will try your recipe and share how it will turn out thanks for the same. Filipino sweet and sour traditionally uses whole fried fish and is much like the escabecheng lapu-lapu we have in the archive.